Chapter Forty Five : Hallucinations

Start from the beginning

"Is Byron guilty?" I asked in a low voice.

"We will talk about this later. You need rest."

****

****
Third Person POV :
(1st)

"We are unable to find the ones behind this, sire. They are cunning and left no trace. We are having difficulty collecting evidences but we have come across certain information." Connor stepped ahead and presented all the news and slight evidences he could collect along with the suspects.

It was taken care that no body except a few trustworthy guards, Connor, Aldrick and Nigel knew about the absence of their queen. Leak of the news could cause unwanted attention and problems from other rulers and empires and Henry wouldn't want that.

He kept listening to Connor silently and at last broke the silence by sending them away to collect more information and bring the accused in any condition before the break of dawn.

He knew that even in a few years they couldn't trace the abductors who were hidden masterfully but, he send them away to deal with the matter on his own. Henry couldn't work with the interruptions and he didn't even want them involved in this but because Nigel and Karen were the first to notify Rose's absence, his men got the information.

He threw the glass of blood, breaking it into countless pieces and placed a hand on his forehead. Rubbing it with his fingers, he sighed.

This was not easy and for the first time his fingers trembled. A small pang of fear mixed with a lot of guilt arose in his chest.

He watched his shaky fingers and twitched his jaw. If something happens to her, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself for the rest of the eternity.

She was gone and he could not do anything to save her.

It was his fault.

He swallowed hard and watched the fire in the fire place burn. With vampiric speed, he moved across the chamber and placed his hand in the fire. Henry quietly suffered the pain and the smoke with smell of burning flesh arose. Clenching the burning fist, he withdrew it and it healed back in seconds.

When a realization hit him, his eyes widened and he quickly moved out of the place.

****

****
Third Person's POV :
(2nd)

"Fuck this."

The silver masked man sat beside Rose and rested his head against the wall.

"Why do you curse?" Rose side glanced him with an eyebrow.

"How would you feel when guns are pointing at your head from all the directions?" He spoke ironically.

"I would try to solve the situation." She shrugged.

"Wait, what? That's not what I expected you to say! Wouldn't you be afraid in such a situation?" He flayed his arms and coughed fakely.

"Fearing wouldn't help. I would be of course but I will try to solve it peacefully." Rose spoke innocently.

"I am so bloody messed up. Why couldn't they just let me know that I had to dip my hands in fire." He sighed and placed his hands on his head.

"I am not really fond of riddlish language... Sir..." Rose spoke in a monotonous voice and glanced around.

"I won't be telling you my name." He snorted.

"I never asked." Rose fiddled with her fingers and eventually rubbed them unconsciously.

"Just to be clear. I didn't know about this. I was asked to get the job done for some gold and bring you to his majesty." He clarified and watched Rose who oddly stared at his hair.

"Why do you all put on masks?"

"To entertain people and make a show." He grinned sarcastically.

"Good luck with that but I don't wish to be involved in this. I want to go back if this is the reason you have tied me to this place." She closed her eyes and let out a shaky breathe thinking about her beloved.

"Stop acting like this is a joke. This is serious and there's a grim condition, alright! Jesus, girls these days." He snapped peevishly, muttering the last part.

"You don't have to scare me like that by snapping at me. I know this is serious and you got no single idea. Besides, you were the one to start with your worthless sarcasm." She spoke with a defeated tone as if she had given up on raising her voice a long while ago.

"Hmm. You aren't that idiotic as I thought you might be." He tapped his chin.

"People always get the wrong idea." She chuckled in the odd situation.

"Now, please. Unlock me." The expression on her face vanished a crease appeared on her brows, her voice pleading with the charm from its depth.

He stood up suddenly realizing that he could have given up by talking to her. She was charming and alluring. Unintentionally involving.

"I can't and I won't. If I know that I am going to be dragged down for no good reason then I must give a damn reason. Either way I am trapped. If I help you I will die early and I don't want that." He lifted his hand and ran the fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Call me selfish but your husband deserves this and so do you." He muttered and started walking back.

"Wait, why?" Rose got up on her knees and struggled. It was absurd of this man to speak to her about non sense then suddenly speak of revenge and turn his back on.

What was she thinking actually? She shouldnt be trusting these people.

"Stop making a noise. He may come back." He pointed his finger to his left and disappeared in the dark.

"Wait! Who are you talking about?" Her voice echoed but it came back with no answer. She huffed and tried opening the lock again. It was like she had been having lucid dreams or hallucinations. The pain of scratches and bruises in her arms was unbearable and she had been feeling dizzy then suddenly this man appears out of nowhere and speaks nothing useful and disappears.

"I am probably dreaming." She lightly tapped her forhead with the back of her hand and squeezed her eyes close that were now watery.

"Why aren't you here? Why didn't you turn back? Why didn't you... " She brought her knees close to her chest and sobbed resting her head on them.

"I want to go back. I am dying..." She whispered and shivered due to intense cold. Rocking herself back and forth, she let her emotions run free. This time her heart panned with slight hatred for Byron for his behavior and Henry blindly believing what he just saw. But it was her fault as well. Henry had given her time to answer and justify herself but she was the one to be tongue tied at th sudden situation and act like a dumb dummy.

"I am here."

Rose stopped moving and lifted her head towards the silver light lined silhouette that moved steadily towards her.

"You don't have to worry anymore.. "

Her breath stuck in her throat and heart leapt to her mouth.

'This cannot be true...' She thought. 'Henry?'

****