Chapter Twenty Nine : Meadow of Roses

King Henry's POV :

I loved the way she shivered in my presence, blushed and gave small smiles every once in a while. I had certainly caused my impact on her. Now, all I want is her to be more comfortable with me and I will give her everything she wants.

I clutched her hand tightly with mine and we walked towards the ice-cream corner where there were no tacky girls. I am glad Rose is not like one of those, diving in for attention of people, wearing flimsy clothes that barely cover their bodies or paint their faces with make-up.

Rose is natural. She doesn't feign to be someone else. Out of all the girls of the kingdom that flaunted their fake beauty to catch a single look of mine, Rose stood complete naive and natural. To be honest, she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Not just outwardly but by heart and soul.

I glanced at her from the corner of my eye and noticed her looking around her in awe, like a small child taken to an amusement park. I bought two ice creams and her favourite chocolate flavour. She was confused at first that how come I knew about her favourite but then she was too lost in her ice cream.

We sat alone at the bench and I was more interested in observing her. "Is anything wrong?" She looked at me with her blue innocent crystal eyes. "No, sweetheart." I gave a half smile and pulled her close to me.

When we were done, I took her to my most liked place, the gaming centre. She found most of the games at the arcade interesting and I must say she was an expert at the first place when it came to different video games. When I taught her how to play snooker, it was so damn good to have her in my arms and feel her soft body moulding perfectly against mine with every aim and shot I taught her. Her exquisite scent was difficult to bear. I needed her bad.

With every moment we spent, I got to know her more. She was smart, funny and completely loaded with cuteness.

Later, I decided to take her for a movie but I noticed something unwanted familiar. He was on the first floor and we were on the second. He seemed to be in a rush with a briefcase in his hand and his attire was a black formal suite. His eyes made me realise who he was. That scent, what is this dog doing here?

Derek, the so called commander in general of Jaq. Derek seemed to have noticed me as his pace quickened and ran out of my sight. That wolf is undoubtedly planning something strange.

****

Rose POV:

I didn't know that Henry could be this sweet. He made me enjoy a lot and I really wanted to hug him when he offered an ice cream to a small girl who was looking at the ice creams in awe and her mother wouldn't buy her. I was about to go and give her mine when I caught sight of her but he stopped me and offered her himself.

He was not only gentle but kind as well. He even knew what I like and what I don't when I know pennyworth about him. His acts had caused something in me. With everything he did, he made me change my mind about his image.

I glanced at him and I found him observing downstairs at someone in particular.

Henry had given me much and now I cannot expect anything more. This mall had strange people, who seemed to be looking at me viciously but Henry made me forget them. Even though, I don't want to stay here any longer with him feeling insecure about me. I wanted to go to somewhere peaceful, somewhere calm. I noticed his jaw twitching and his hands balled up into fists.

In the event of wrong timing with wrong action, I shivered. He instantly turned to me and his gaze softened. He pulled me by my waist and rubbed his hand on my back soothingly, "You alright, love?"