Chapter Seven : Unusual Environment

The whole event went quite good. People of the kingdom enjoying and celebrating the day, it was all perfect and she didn't have to encounter any embarrassing moment except for the time when she stood up from the chair after the dinner and tripped over something but he was quick enough to hold her. May be he did it on purpose but it went unnoticed by the people present.

It was almost the end of the day and the place was almost empty except for a few who were close to the royal family, some elites and of course Rose's parents. The old couple seemed happy but who knew they were actually grieving on the fact that they were sacrificing their only daughter. All this time she was pretending to be happy. Forcing a smile to not come out as rude and whenever he would look at her or hold her hand, shivers ran down her spine. He was unearthly, she thought. No plain person can have such effects on anyone but he did. He had something that made people attracted to him. She could notice the glares she received from the girls who were more than ready to fall at his feet and she wished if she was the one to stand among the crowd and someone else to stand beside him.

After all, not all people are same to fall just for outward looks but heart. May be she was one among that few persons.

When everything seemed to come to an end she was aware of her husband to be talking to the duke so she quietly moved to her parents who were about to leave and say a last goodbye.

"Take care my child." Her father said giving her a kiss on the forehead and her mother hugged her. "We will meet soon." Her mother said trying to hide a sob. That was the last straw and Rose broke down, taking the support of her father's shoulder, she sobbed. "Please don't leave me..." She said softly. The couple chose to be silent. Whatever they would say wouldn't bring the past back. She sobbed for a few fleeting seconds and pulled herself away trying to compose herself as she looked at them. "I will be fine." She said wiping a tear that's when she felt two hands holding her arms gently and pulling her back lightly.

"You will get to meet them soon. Now, it's time for them to leave." Her eyes went wide. He was standing right behind her, holding her. The pair of grandams left taking it as an order but waving at her before leaving. She forced a weak smile and let out a sigh. "Come with me." He said softly, taking her hand gently and leading her to their bedroom. She followed him like a lost kid and looked around absorbing the situation. He opened the door to the master bedroom which had grey, black and white as the dominating colors just like his soul. "Whatever you need is in the closet. Maids will be present at your service. You can change and take rest." With this he left.

She looked around and sat at the corner of the king-sized bed. Being exhausted she changed into a satin peach night gown and sat there blankly staring at the night through the glass window. She closed her eyes and thought, 'I will survive through this. After all it's not that bad.' The door knob twisted and the sound of the door opening reverberated.

"You aren't asleep yet." Henry remarked frowning. He was wearing a casual outfit and his hair slightly wet.

Not having a proper reply to give, she stood up straightening herself.

"Get some rest. I will come back later." He left again and this time she switched off the lights and slept, hugging herself with the quilts at the farthest corner of the bed and called it a night.

Next morning she woke up to find the other side of the bed empty. Standing up, Rose walked to the en suite to take a warm bath. Stepping out she walked into the closet to go with a simple outfit. Simple made her comfortable. She thought.

Moving down she met Mr. Aldrick who was busy with the work of preparation of the breakfast table for the queen. He led her to the diner and she had her breakfast which was nothing but delicious. The fact bothered her that why she didn't find him this morning but later was informed that he goes to the palace, two miles away usually for his work.

Not knowing what to do she decided to explore the castle's library which was actually renewed with an addition of more literature and art works especially for the Queen.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this part. Don't forget to drop a vote and comment. It motivates the writers a lot. And to all the Indian readers, "Happy Diwali!" Hope you will enjoy a lot. And tomorrow's Halloween!! Can't wait to go all spooky around people and specially, the treats!!!! Yeah, I sound like a small kid. Nevermind. Anyways thanks for your support.

Yours faithful and awkward author,

endcore