The note.

Im so sorry that I haven't been updating!!!! I have been really busy moving and I stayed at a friends house for a few days last weekend. I hope you like it, I'm trying for another chapter Friday but it depends on what happens.

________________________________________________________________

"What do you mean you didn't leave!'' I practically shouted at Mark.

''I mean, I walked around the corner and waited until Dana and Dillion were gone to come back.'' He looked as if he might erupt in laughter but I did not think this was funny.

"Oh" I said softly, controlling myself. 'Well, why!" My angered temper slipping through each word.

"I don't think you should be alone." His cheeks turned a slight red and he rubbed his arm as he admitted this.

"Well, that's sweet and all but I have some big problems to deal with." I lowered myself to the floor and starred out of the room.

"I know!'' He pushed a pile of blankets away and sat next to me, "First off we have no clue where Murphy is!" He said as if it was his problem too.

"We?'' I said turning to him, "She is my sister, my problem." I said shaking my head and fixing my gaze back out to the hallway, keeping an eye out for Murphy.

"My problem too!" He defended, "I don't care how much you want me gone! Im not leaving!" He crossed his arms and stood up.

"Really-" I started but was cut off in surprise. Mark walked out of the room and starred up at the stairs. "What!" I said as I scurried to my feet and rushed to see what he was looking at.

At the split of the staircase Murphy was standing there, but not here usual self. It was a bloody version of herself, she had a large wound in her stomach that was oozing blood spilling on her faded and torn dress. Her eyes were dark and she had a sinister smile plastered to her cracked and bleeding lips.

She held her scared arm out dangling a pice of paper from her bony fingers, she moved her mouth but no words came out. And as fast as she came, she thinned away disappearing from our sight.

I felt the humid summer air turn cold and harsh, chills went up and down my spine as I stood there watching her. My thoughts and emotions were storming in my mind, giving in to my buckling knees I dropped to the floor and let tears stain my cheeks.

Mark stood there, frozen from what he had just witnessed. I feel horrible, I shouldn't have even let him in. This is my problem and he doesn't need to suffer with me.

Mark lowered himself to the floor and wrapped him arms around me, "You need to leave this place." He said barley above a whisper.

I looked for any sing of Murphy but nothing. I forced my paralyzed limbs to lift myself up, using all my might I inched towards the stairs.

With each step I felt my body tighten not wanting to let me get closer, I ignored it however. I was only a few steps away from where she was standing, examining where she stood I noticed that she had dropped the note and it was still there.

After a few attempts to trick my Brian in letting me grab the note my shaky hand finally reached for it. I lifted one of the corners of the bloody paper with my finger and then let another finger cling onto the paper.

As soon as it was in my grasp I turned and rushed down the stairs. I jumped down once I was a few steps away from the floor but I guess it was too many to jump down and I landed on the edge of the last one. My foot slid and I lost my balance, I tumbled onto Mark and we both went down with an "Oumph"

Marked jumped up from the fall but I was taking my time making sure I hadn't broken or sprained anything. I guess it was too much time for him because he grabbed me from under my arms and pulled me to my feet. Gently, he tossed me in to the lounge and rushed in after me.

His face held a horrified expression as he looked at the note. I shifted it around in my fingers not wanting to open it, but I have no choice.

I lifted the folded corned up revealing a message she left for us.

Too close, you are to finding out.
For you don't understand that this is my house. I and forever will be here with no end until revenge.

For you are only a mere pawn in my little game.

-With great love, Melissa.

My heart felt like it stopped, what does she mean 'Melissa' My storm of thoughts made my head hurt.

I looked over at Mark realizing he had no clue who Melissa was. I'm not sure if I should tell him or not, on one hand if I tell him maybe he will leave, but on the other hand it could make him even more worried.

"Who's Melissa?" He whispered, snapping me out of my thoughts.

My breathing began to speed up and I felt dizzy, I need to tell him I cant lie anymore.

***🖤***
I told him everything, the whole story to a T. I even told him other things that I tried not to mention like how Alexander never talked to her or how he told me she was imaginary.

***🖤***

"You are not safe here." He stated firmly as he wrapped his arms around my shaking body and hugged me.