Chapter 7

The next morning I got up ready for what ever was ahead of me. I decided to start my day off by showering. The day before had me looking tired and frustrated. I was also still kinda confused about my dream. Even though it was a dream, I loved seeing my dads' face one more time. It was like it glowed or something, and then there was also my mother. Being that I never remembered how she looked until now, I realized how beautiful she was.

I got out the shower, and when I did I checked my phone and noticed I had 3 missed call from Stella and a couple of text messages from others I most likely wasn't going to reply to. So I decided to call Stella back.

"Hello?"

"Hey Stell, I was in the shower when you called. What's up?"

"Oh you getting dirty already huh?" Stella said laughing. I made a face acting as if she could see me.

"Uh no. But I had the weirdest dream last night!" I informed her.

"Go on." she said letting me know she was interested.

"It was my mom-"

"Your who? I thought your mom di-"

"I Know you thought she died. She did but listen. I saw her and my dad," she gasped at what I said then I continued. " They were at the hospital and they told me stuff like, someones testing me, make the right decision, and they were proud of me."

"What do you think they meant by that?" She asked.

"I don't know, I'm trying to figure that out myself."

"Well let me know, I gotta go."

"Okay I'll talk to you later!" I said before she clicked off the line.

Then I walked down stairs not really knowing where I was going.

"Good morning!" The guy who lead me to my room yesterday was speaking.

"Uh good morning! What's your name again? I'm sorry." I said with a shy smile.

"It's Josh." He said looking down.

he probably felt like I was a jerk. I didn't want anyone misjudging me here. I'd been through it all already.

"Where's everyone?" I asked getting off topic.

"Well, everybody is still asleep." he said almost laughing.

I opened my mouth and my eyes wide. "Uh what time is it?"

"6 in the morning." he said laughing at me.

"Wow, I'll see you at 9 then!" I said walking towards the stairs.

"It's a date then?" he asked, and I pretended not to hear him.

"Pardon?" I turned around.

"Oh nothing." he said smiling at me.

When I got to the room, I sat there looking lost. Josh was, getting at me basically. Did he think I was stupid. I know if that Paola girl knew about me outside of their home, then he did too. I wasn't going to fall for it. Not somewhere I wasn't stable.

I got on my bed down and sat there, thinking about if he actually thought we had a date and eventually fell asleep.

That nap didn't last long though. I eventually got a text.

555-0102: Be Careful.

I didn't reply back to this. I felt there might be a killer texting me this. I laughed at my thought... I hate to say it. But I was what some old crazy lady would call a terrible creature ' if she didn't know well enough.

I kept thinking about the text wondering who it was from until I got a call.

G-

"Hello?" I said.

"Oooh you sound like you don't know who you're speaking to."

Just then I smiled. It was the guy I had met at the cafe.

"I do now. You didn't even give me a chance to hear your voice !" I said laughing .

"Please forgive me." He said.

I found this conversation boring so I told him to text me because my mother wanted me to do something for him. I felt bad doing this because 1. She was gone. And 2. I would never call this witch my mother.

Soon I had got up feeling really bored. I put on a long yellow sundress with a pair of prada shades and went out and sat by the pool when Josh showed up.

"You going somewhere?"

"You make it sound like I'm trying to escape." I said smiling.

"I noticed you always give me slick little comments!" He chuckled.

"Did they tell you that?!" I said slightly aggravated getting up and going to my room.

I didn't mean to act like that in front of Josh. It sounded like something my step sisters would say. It just came out and I couldn't really stop it.

I didn't want to stay there , something didn't feel right. So I left. I drove around town until Josh called and said "Mrs. Porter says she's worried and she needs you to get home."

My response way '"Kay." And I Headed back. Before I walked in I had put in my Beats to avoid conversation but I didn't turn them up. I knew this way i could hear every slick comment.

"She was probably with a guy!" Brittany said. Rachel raised her eyebrows at this.

I decided to be slick to I took off my beats and looked at them, winked then walked to my room and listened to music until I fell asleep.