BONUS- alternate ending

Start from the beginning

A brief silence.

"..if you'll let me, I'd like to make up for the past and be with you in the present and future."

Huh??

Blinking a few times in utter confusion, I tilted my head. I didn't quite get what he was implying.

"Are you..saying you pity me and so you want to be my friend because you know you can't chang--"

"No."

I jumped and stared at him, owl-eyed as he stared at me, his eyes frantic and just as wide as mine. I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I saw his pale face suddenly change into an embarrassed reddish hue; like anyone's on a hot day.

"U-um, I meant.." He ran a hand through his already dishevelled hair, making it stick up in random places even more. "I don't deserve it but I want you to give me another chance."

He looked me straight in the eyes then, determination and another emotion that I couldn't quite pin-point, swirling around. I was so lost in the passionate gaze of his that I didn't realise he was inching closer as he spoke.

"I want you to give me another chance so I can prove to you that I will love you and care for you with all my heart. I want to make up for all the shitty and fucked up things I've done because.." he trailed off, his voice breaking. He clenched his jaw as his eyes desperately searched mine.

My eyes were blurred with tears at this point. My heart was pounding so loud, I could hear it ringing in my ears and I didn't know what to do.

Reaching out, he brushed his knuckles lovingly across my jaw and my cheek before cupping it and caressing it so gently, it was almost as though he was afraid I was going to disappear.

"I want to be with you and for you to be with me from now on. I want to show you that I'm not that same asshole I was." At this point, his nose was inches away from mine and I could feel his hot breath fanning my face and my lips.

I drew my bottom lip in as I fixated my gaze on his chest, so that I didn't give into him. I forgave him. I already had but..this was all too much.

I didn't know how to react. And I didn't know what my body would do if I looked up right now.

Suddenly, I felt Xavier's thumb rest on my chin before he tilted it up, not giving me any other choice but to stare right into his eyes that held so much emotion.

"I love you."

I love you.

Those three words and the next moment broke my whole world.

His lips brushed against mine for a mere second before they came crashing down on mine. I knew I had to push him away; that I should be mad at him for everything he'd done.

But I couldn't. I just couldn't.

My limp arms reached up and wrapped themselves around Xavier's neck, his tense shoulders relaxing as he realised that I was reciprocating the kiss.

He pressed his lips against mine more before licking my bottom lip for entrance.

I didn't know what to do and so when his tongue tried to pry my lips open, I got the message and complied.

The feelings that were arising within me were too hard to describe.

It was just....amazing.

Xavier's tongue explored my mouth so sensually and lovingly that it took my breath away.

Literally.

They were kisses that got deeper and more passionate each time his lips made contact with mine again.

I always thought kissing was just the smushing of two pair of lips but I was completely wrong.

His kisses were all taking, like he was drawing something out of me with soft jabs of his chin. He pulled away slowly, capturing my bottom lip with a gentle bite.

Unintentionally, I let out a moan and he took advantage of the situation by dipping his head down again to capture my lips with his own.

This time around, it was just a brief kiss. But it held everything he was saying to me before, just without the words.

Breaking away, we rested our heads against each others, breathing heavily.

His eyes had widened slightly in surprise, but became normal again as he smiled softly, gazing at me.

He gave my lips a soft peck before licking his lips and looking at me with hope. "So, uh, will you be my girlfriend?"

Say no Anjana. Don't give in..

Looking into his eyes, I opened my mouth, making up my mind.

"I would love to."