Chapter Eight

Maybe he shouldn't have done that to Keith.

Lance thought as he tossed the water bottle away. He feels this twisting knot of guilt in his stomach from remembering how he poured thenwater on Keith's peaceful sleeping face and how it entered tinto his nose. He feels super guilty and he wishes to appoligize. Of course, Andrew wouldn't like it if he heard that he had come to meet bike boy personally and had said sorry to him.

"M-maybe," Lance blurts as they walk further away from Keith's cabin. "Maybe it wasn't all that necessary to wake him up like that."

Andrew scoff, "Then how were we supposed to wake up him up? "Oh, honey!"" He sings. "Wake up before Mr. Iverson kicks your ass." Is that what you had in mind?"

"Well, not really, but—"

Andrew elbows him in the gut, making Lance go "oof!".

"Hahaha! See? No, the answer is no. Isn't it funny, bro?"

Lance rubs his stomach as he glares at the back of his head, "Haha. I guess so, BRO."

"Why do you call him bike boy anyway?"

"Oh, it happened one day in class. You were absent in the morning so you weren't there. It's because the kid came late for Mr. Iverson's class and said he had a bike problem. He sent him for detention, then called him bike boy."

Andrew stops walking toward the assembly area to laugh out loud. Lance chuckles along.

"Oh, man! He's such a loser. He reminds me of you."

Lance's chuckling dies. "Huh?"

"Both of you guys are losers. You're just really smart to befriend me, Lance." He walks off. Lance frowned at the man's retreating back before he follows him.

"Hey, babe." Andrew puts an arm around Becka's shoulders. "'Morning."

She shrugs his arm off. "I'm still mad at you."

"Oh, come on, babe. I was just asking for that girl's number yesterday for our group project."

"You never do group projects, remember?! Why won't you just admit that you were hitting on another girl and just say you're sorry?!"

"Wha—? I'm telling you, there was nothing—"

"Oh please!" She throws her hands up in the air. "Andrew, stop with the lies al—"

"Hey!" Andrew grabs her by the neck. "You better drop your drama, you worthless piece of crap!"

"Let go of me!" Becka shouts.

"You're lucky we're out in the open, so I can't land a punch on your face!" He whispered into her ear, but Lance was close enough to hear him.

Lance puts a hand on Andrew's shoulder, "Hey, man. Calm down. People are staring at you. Plus, I know you don't wanna hurt her."

The angered teen loosens his grip on Becka's neck and she quickly backs away from him with eyes full of tears. She wipes them away with the back of her hand as she runs towards her friends at the center of the assembly area.

Lance frowns. "You'll land a punch on her?"

"None of your business, McClain."

"Is this what you do to her? Trapping her in an unhealthy relationship?"

"I said it's none of your business!" He points a finger directly at his face. "Better know your boundaries unless you want me to beat you up like I did before."

"Alright, alright." He puts his hands up. "I'm sure Becka will understand eventually what you were saying to her. Calm down."

Andrew glares at him before crossing his arms, then stands up straight beside him.