The Dangerous Attraction

Asmi~

Virat kept laughing when I told him about an incident when my friends and I went bowling. I got a really heavy ball, and when it was my turn to bowl, I let go of the ball and slipped falling on my butt. Everyone burst out laughing at me.

I smacked virat's arm but the man didn't stop laughing. To make it more embarrassing Jasper also joined and started to laugh silently while he was driving us back home.

"Virat stop laughing, this is so embarrassing. I shouldn't have told you all this." And what to say, he laughed more throwing his head back and holding onto his stomach. I couldn't help but chuckle at his infectious laugh.

"Damn, I can totally imagine it." He breathed and continued laughing tapping on his thigh.

"Now enough Kohli, it's your turn." His devilish laugh started to muffle down as he looked at me with his brown eyes which just went a little misty from all the wheezing.

"You don't know?" He asked exhaling after a good laughter session.

"No I don't, now tell me." I demanded, he smiled looking down shook his head once.

"The whole world saw and you don't know?" He asked again, amusement filled in his voice also in his eyes.

I started to think, was he talking about -

Facing him after thinking for a while, "are you talking about the match where um-?" I paused and glanced over Jasper and decided to change my words to a little appropriate ones, "a wardrobe malfunction happened with you, while fielding on the ground?" I whispered, his eyes went narrowed at me first but soften after few moments.

"Itna kya izzat se bata rahi hai, yes the same incident."(Why are you saying that so formally?) Virat confirmed nodding.

That's all needed for some payback. I smirked at him, he huffed knowing my intentions.

"Yeah go ahead, you can laugh now." Those were the words that trigger the laughter in me. I laughed so hard and soon he joined too, I glanced over Jasper. He was smiling looking ahead at the road.

To break our little charade, my phone rang. I froze for few seconds when in saw the caller ID, papa.

He didn't call much often, usually mumma is the one who I talk to and then she tells him about my whereabouts. I felt Virat's eyes on me and then on my phone, he went silent as well. I took a deep breath and picked up the call.

"Papa." I acknowledged him right away. I heard some kind of shuffling from the other side.

"Oh, good morning manu. How are you?"

Manu. This nick name he gave to me. A small smile crept on my lips as I heard his soft tone.

"Good morning papa, I -I'm good." I wished him rather it was evening in London.

"It must be evening there isn't it?" He asked chuckling. "Hmmm. Yes" I replied and heard him laugh a little.

"Are you guys done with your little picnic or are you back home?" He asked suddenly, I have told mom about our date but dad didn't know. I kept silent then I felt Virat's warm hand on my shoulder, stroking my hair slowly.

"Virat asked me before taking you out." Papa stated, I was dumbfound.

Virat took permission from papa before planning all this?

"He did?" I whispered out in surprise.

"Yes my manu he did." My eyes ran towards Virat who was already observing me as if reading me. He smiled and blinked in assurance. It felt good.