"What the hell," the guy on the pavement below moans, not yet noticing me. At this point, I was looking down at him, but just as soon as I look back up at the girl down the ally, I see three other men come out of the dark and grab her, throwing her to the ground.

Usually I didn't care about things like this; I just went on and let people do what they wanted. But something about this time made me stop and watch, and it made me wonder if I should interfere. I mean, technically, I was already involved since I was knocked off my feet by something I was unaware of, and at this point, I was curious to stick around and find out what that something was.

The three men utter nasty things as one of them grabs her wrists, pinning her to the ground. Her dirty blonde hair whips around as she struggles to get free, but she wasn't strong enough. It was then I saw one of the other men pull out a knife, and that's when I acted on instinct.

I use my speed to dash down the dark ally and snag the knife from the man's hand, along with throwing him and the other two men into the wall. Two of them fall to the ground in a heap, but one other manages to stay conscious as he looks around, curious to know what force just changed the game.

I stop in front of him then as I look down, his knife in my right hand. He looks me up and down, terror on his face. "Y-You're the speedster that works with Zoom, S-Silver Trickster-"

"The one and only," I state simply before I glance down at the knife in my hand. "Oh, I think this belongs to you."

I half grin before I plunge the knife into his leg, hearing his scream echo down the ally, but it blended in with all of the other sounds of Central City. A simple tear falls down his cheek as he breathes heavily, trying to stop the bleeding by wrapping his hands around the entry wound. He tries to say something, but I don't stick around to hear it, because when I looked back over to see if the girl was okay, she was gone.

My eyes focus at the end of the ally, catching a quick glimpse of her turning the corner. My legs work fast as I flash out of the ally and stop directly in front of her, shock and panic on her face. "I just saved your life, and you thank me by running away?"

She opens her mouth to say something, but instead, her words form into a scream. I was taken off guard in that moment, because with her scream came the same force that knocked me on my ass not too long ago, and the next thing I knew, I was lying in the middle of the sidewalk once again.

I look up at her in marvel, seeing her standing there with utter fear on her face, but I didn't know why. "Now that's a talent."

"What do you want with me?" she begs, taking a few steps back. "I know who you are, and I don't-"

"Well at first I was here to help a girl out," I start as I slowly stand, my bones aching a little after being thrown around twice now. "But now, I'm starting to wonder if there's something else I could use you for."

In my mind, I was thinking about how terrified I had been when I first had met Jay. I didn't know what I was capable of, and I didn't know how to control my powers. After he took me in, things weren't as bad. Standing here now in front of her, it reminded me of that, purely because I could tell by the look on her face that she was scared, but not of me; of herself.

"Use me for?" she asks, almost scoffing. 

I shake my head. "Let me start over. First, who were those men back there?"

She opens up to me quicker than I had thought she would. "I don't know. I was just walking down the ally when they came up to me, and I screamed for someone to help me, and then all of a sudden..."

"You were the one who knocked me off my feet," I finish for her, nodding my head slowly. "I'm guessing you didn't know you could do that until just now?"

Silver Trickster ⚬ Barry Allen [1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara