Making up

Mention of place you may or may not know about
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narrative

Link watched the girl with full interest as she focused on a few birds near by, the birds were settled just below the goddess statue in the crumbled Temple of Time. He had woken up in the Shrine of Resurrection a few days ago and had met with the Old man and this nice girl before him. She had taken her time to teach him various things such as hunting and scavenging for items. She even cracked a few jokes but he retrained himself to full on laugh, he couldn't break his tough hero exterior, not for a moment.

He watched as she whistled to the birds and received chirps back, as if they two species were communicating in the same language and understood one another. She stopped and looked at him "Any reason you're gazing my way so intently?" She raised a brow "We are bird watching, last I checked I don't have any feathers." She smiled before moving her eyes back to the birds "Sorry, was lost in thought." He followed her gaze.

End~

He woke to the sun shinning on his face, he groaned and rolled over only to fall into the floor. Right he wasn't even on a bed, he was sitting on a chair leaning on her bed. It had been a few days since he let her get hurt by that mechanical creature. He groaned as he sat up "Sleeping on the floor are you?" He heard a soft voice, he shot up to his feet and looked at the still form on the bed she had finally woken up, her eyes half lided "I didn't mean to wake
you." He rubbed his head sheepishly "How are you feeling? Do you hurt anywhere? Do you need anything?" He bombarded her with questions only receiving a gentle laugh "I am fine. But you seem to have missed some sleep, you have bags under your eyes." She lifted her hand weakly and point to his face "Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on you... not much sleep." He admitted.

After an oddly calm silence he swallowed the lump in his throat "I am so sorry... I shouldn't have left you that night it was stupid and reckless I won't ask you to forgiving me! I will try to make it up to you though in anywa-" His rambling was interrupted by a soft "I already forgive you." As he looked at his friend in shock, she forgave him so suddenly? Why? He didn't deserve it "What?" He asked dumbfounded "I forgive you. You saved me after your mistake, I wouldn't be here, as bad a shape I am, I wouldn't be alive right now... I forgive you." She smiled at him. He sat down on the chair looking at his lap lost for words.

She waited for his response, her body started regaining feeling after days of sleep, she slowly eased her self up leaning over and swiftly took his hand "Thanks for taking care of me bonehead. I need a few more days to recover but I'll be fine, we should head to Gerudo Desert next like we planned. You should get some rest though, don't need my big bad hero sleep deprived when we get there." She turned her head to look at him, he had tensed up when she grabbed his hand, than started shaking she noticed tears forming in his eyes. Link never cried, at least not where she could see him, he was holding them back as best he could but some fell down his cheeks.

She brought her hand up and wiped them away "Link look at me." She spoke sternly he obeyed but with hesitation his teary eyes meet her soft worried ones "I am safe because of you. Everyone makes mistakes, hero or not. Please, I am at fault as much as you. I got mad and made you angry too, I should have dropped the fight but I didn't, we are both at fault for what happened, I forgive you and am willing to move on from this. So please don't try holding all the fault for this. You have enough on your shoulders, you don't need anymore." She cupped his cheek before bringing it around the back of his head, tangled her fingers I to his hair and dragged him for word forcing him into her neck, he instantly wrapped his arms around her waist and cried all her worries onto her. She gently stroked his back and hummed softly as he cried.