Stolen

Nest Base, Diego Gracia
2009

It was about midnight and Matsuri was asleep her assigned room, but it was an uneasy sleep, tossing and turning with images of her time from Hoover Dam. Tubes connecting to her, voices all around, the beeping of monitors and a rough voice that she had no recollection of hearing in her time there within her mind, speaking of destroying the humans, destroying their planet.

A knock at the door made her jerk awake with the barely audible gasp. She breathed heavily, glancing at her alarm clock before sitting up. "What is it?"

"Optimus Prime wants to see you outside of hanger 3." a voice of a soldier stated from the other side of the door.

Matsuri let out a groan before standing. "Understood, tell him I will be there soon."

She listened as the soldier walked away before getting dressed in her usual outfit, her bracers, gloves and beanie before heading out.

She made her way out of the building and to the hanger where she saw Optimus standing there. As she got closer and as he turned his head, she could see the solemn look within his optics. This got Matsuri worried.

"Is something wrong?" she questioned when she got to him.

"It seems that you were right." Optimus sighed heavily. "The shard has been taken not too long ago. By its description, it was the decepticon called Ravage, who is one of Soundwave's minibots if you will."

"Fuck." Matsuri swore. She had learned about those two from Ratchet as he was giving her lessons on the remaining decepticons. "What do we do now?"

"We will go see Sam, see if he can help us."

"I'm guessing you want me to come with you?"

"Yes, I am hoping that you will be able to help me convince him."

"I can try but no promises." I shrugged.

"That is all I ask." He stated. "I have told Bumblebee to go ahead before us."

Matsuri nodded. "Let's go than."

***

Cemetery, Philadelphia

It was just before sunrise when Optimus pulled up to the cemetery. He opened his door and let Matsuri out before transforming into robot form and it didn't take long for Bumblebee to arrive with Sam, who got out and went to where the two were.

"You won't give me a day, huh?" was the first thing out of Sam's mouth. "You won't give me one day in college?"

"I'm sorry, Sam, but the last fragment of the allspark was stolen." Optimus informed him.

"Like what? Like decepticons stole it?"

"We placed it under human protection at your government's request, but I'm here for your help, Sam, because your leaders believe we brought vengeance upon your planet. Perhaps they are right. That is why they must be reminded by another human of the trust we share."

"This isn't my war."

"Not yet, but I fear it soon will be. Your world must not share the same fate of Cybertron. Whole generations lost."

Sam looked down, swallowed before looking back up at Optimus. "I know, and I want to help you, I do. But I am not some alien ambassador, you know? I'm a normal kid with normal problems. I am where I'm supposed to be. I'm sorry, I... I really am."

"Sam, fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."

"You're Optimus Prime, you don't need me." Sam went to the road and started to walk towards Bumblebee.

"We do, more than you know." Optimus sighed and Matsuri decided to try herself.

"Sam!" Matsuri called as she quickly went over to him. He looked over, just as he opened the car door.

"'Suri?"

"Sam, please. We need you."

"They have you, they don't need me."

"Sam, I can't do anything."

"Look, I'm really sorry Matsuri. I wish I could help you guys, but I can't. You're more prepared for this than me, you want this life, I don't." He kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you, sis. You'll do fine."

Sam slipped into Bumblebee and the two drove out of sight, leaving Matsuri to stare after him.

"I'm sorry, Optimus." Matsuri mumbled as she went back to the leader.

"It's fine, Matsuri. I should have known Sam would want nothing to do with this."

"I can stay here at a motel, keep an eye on things here."

"Matsuri-"

"I'll be fine." She stated before holding up her wallet. "If anything happens, I'll call."

"If you are sure."

"Just go make sure that nothing else goes wrong." She smiled at him before jumping onto the road and started to walk towards the direction of Princeton University.

She got to a motel that was surprisingly close the college around 7- or later since her phone had yet to update the time- and she was quick to buy a room. Once she got into her room, she slipped whatever she doesn't need off and layed down.

As she slowly drifted off to sleep, she didn't notice a faint jolt in the corner of her mind- a familiar corner where she used to have a connection to Megatron.