First Visit

(Everything will be a third person's pov from Sam's perspective.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I find this really unnecessary, Dean."

"It's for the best, Sammy."

Dean and Sam Winchester, ages 25 and 21, were riding in a black '67 Impala to the nearest hair salon. Dean thought that Sam's hair was getting too long, since it was starting to go below the shoulders.

"Don't make me get a buzz cut," Sam sassed.

"Okay, Sammy. Whatever you say."

"Sam."

"Consider this my Christmas present to you," Dean joked, not paying attention to Sam's correction.

"Wow Dean. That's a lame present, but my present to you is even lamer," Sam smirked.

"Bitch."

"Jerk."

A few minutes later, Sam was practically dragged into the hair parlor by Dean. They approached a brunette woman wearing a red shirt behind the front counter.

"Hello! Did you set an appointment?" she asked.

Dean draped his arm over the counter. "Yes. Sam and Dean Winchester, but little Sammy can go first."

He rubbed Sam's mop of hair, which rewarded him the ultimate bitchface.

"Ahh Sam Winchester. Right this way, please," the woman said with a smile.

Sam followed the woman towards the back of the building. He sat down in a black leather chair and leaned against the back of it. He stared at his reflection as the woman draped a black cape over his body.

"So, how much do you want cut off?" the woman asked.

"Only 2 inches, please," Sam answered after a short moment of thinking.

The lady smiled. "Alright then."

After a few sprays of detangler were put in his hair, Sam decided to close his eyes. His hair took 2 years to grow to that length, and now this random hair lady was cutting off 1 year's worth.

Sam had an ample fear of barbers ever since he first went to one at age 7. A man there cut his hair so short, that he was practically bald.

There were a few microseconds of silence before the lady started to speak again. "So, Sam, what do you like to do for fun?"

'Here comes the awkward hair parlor conversation,' Sam thought before he opened his eyes.

"Well," he started, wanting to keep his answer short and simple, "I enjoy reading, especially about fantasy and supernatural."

The woman combed through his hair once more before snipping again. "Ooh, a bookie! You surprised me there. I thought you were the party kind of dude."

Sam shook his head. "Nope. Not a party kind of dude."

"Stay still. You got my shirt wet. Anyway, the whole bookie thing is kind of cute. Just like you," she continued giddily.

Sam grunted in reply. He was starting to get annoyed by her. Especially since she kept using 'bookie' in the wrong context. Bookie had nothing to do with reading books.

After a few moments of the lady complimenting Sam on everything about him, she was finally done.

"Okay, all done! What do you think?"

Sam looked in the mirror in front of him. Two inches didn't sound like a lot of inches, but when cut, it most definitely was. He didn't look too bad though. He smiled and nodded at her, which she gave in return.

He followed her toward the front of the building so Dean could pay for their haircuts. The man who took care of Dean's hair only spiked it up, so, in total, the cost was $15.

Sam was about to turn around and walk toward the door when the brunette woman asked him, "Say, Sam, how old are you?"

"Um, 16 years old," he lied.

The woman's smile faltered a little, but it came back when she looked at Dean.

"And how old are you?"

"Legal," he said with a wink, which made the woman giggle.

Sam rushed out the door and toward the Impala. Once Dean came out, he hopped into the Impala with him.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Winchester brothers arrived to their parents' small but comfy home after about 15 minutes of Sam holding his tongue because of the radio music. Paint it Black and In My Time of Dying played with commercials in between. Dean, of course, sang along to both of them, as Sam rolled his eyes but softly hummed along.

Dean parked the car in the driveway and the brothers opened the car doors  to get out. They entered the house and walked into the living room together. They both sat on the brown couch with sighs of relief. Their mother and father, Mary and John Winchester, were out for their 26th wedding anniversary.

"See, it wasn't that bad, Sammy," Dean observed, referring to the terror of the hair parlor.

"I think that woman was flirting with me," Sam told him with a shudder.

"She wasn't bad lookin'."

"I already have a girlfriend, Dean."

Dean raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Jess, of course," Sam acknowledged with a sigh.

"You two still together? I thought you broke it off with her a couple years back," Dean queried.

"No, I never broke it off with her. How did you come to that conclusion?" Sam inquired.

"You've been sleeping with her for 3 years, and nothing special has happened."

"We're taking it slow."

"Yeah, real slow."

"Dean, shut up."

Dean stood up from the couch. "Bitch."

Sam crossed his arms. "Jerk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: This is not only my first Supernatural fanfiction, but my first fanfiction about main characters. With that said, I hope they aren't too out of character. Thanks for reading!)