Chapter 7

When I met up with Bailey, he looked as stunned as me. He whistled. "Now there's a good looking gal," He said, making me blush. I realized my face was a dark scarlet color, so I looked at the ground. I glared at him then hissed," Bailey, not here!" "Now, let's get on with the Chariots!" A large wave of cheering and clapping wove through the crowd. "Our first district, District 1!" The three pale children rode on their chariots, looking fabulous. Fenn smiled brilliantly. I realized I was staring at him with intent. Lily tapped me. "You should get in your chariot, even though you're the to last district." I follow Lily over to my chariot. It was covered in vines and looked as if it belonged in a rainforest. I learnt about rainforests at school, in the 3rd Quarter Quell, Katniss and her gang were stuck in a rainforest. They say that they are filled with good and bad flowers, fruits, and plants. I looked over at Zoe, who was graciously eating sugar cubes with her horses. "Hey, Paylor!" Bailey strutted over to me. "I'm sorry about before. I got carried away. I'm really sorry." He actually looked sorry. He stood on the chariot with me. "No need to be sorry. I was carried away also. Plus, there isn't many people in District 11 who would kiss a girl just like that." I meant it. District 2 passed, then 3, then 4. I looked at Zoe and Percy's glinting armor. Their togas swayed in the wind. I looked at Kym. She looked to like the moment. Every single other chariot seemed to go quickly, and when they called my district, I was surprised. Remember, make a good impression of him. I remembered Lily had said. Bailey and I held hands. I noticed a button on our chariot, and I was too late to stop myself. I pressed it. We were wrapped in vines, and then, we were sprouted out of a flower. Cheers ran over the crowd. Just like Katniss. I paused. Oh. She has to stop. Looking over at Zoe. She was stunningly beautiful with her toga on. She's trying to fit in. She's the only one who's passed through more than even me. Wait, who's the one designing the chariots? I know it wasn't Zane? Looking around I saw a woman who was seated next to president. Just then, I heard a booming voice start to speak. We all turned over to look at the president. She was in a majestic golden and white business suit. "So, before I begin my speech, I would like to give a great thanks to Mrs. Goshawk here for designing this year's chariots." A roar went through the crowd. "Though every year we have each stylist from each district design the chariots, this year I found that Mrs. Goshawk was willing to support all of the districts. So then I hired her as chariot designer. She has worked wonderfully with this years stylists and created the best chariots she could supporting every district and their stylist's idea."

Suddenly, President Snow's speech was interrupted by a peacekeeper who tapped her on the shoulder. The president turned angrily and hissed, "What are you doing!?" "Sorry, but we just got information from District 11's peacekeepers that there has been a huge uprising and I was to inform you immediately," "How?" I don't think they noticed the this conversation was going out all through Panem. "Sorry for this interruption, but we will have to end the chariot rides now. Good luck tributes, and may the best two tributes prevail!" President Snow stalked out of the top balcony.

"Well, that was a specifically short speech by President Snow," I heard Zoe say to Nico, cautiously yelling across the other chariots between them. "Especially how we were facing the President herself. She is literally the President of Panem, how can she not make a really long speech for us amazing tributes?" Zoe continued, smiling.

Some time later, we got back to the building. I started walking toward my room when I heard the President talking. I walked toward the end of the hallway and noticed the President talking with the Peacekeeper from the chariots. . "... We need to find that girl from District 1 that pretended to be from District 11. She is on this floor right now and I need all your men working on this case." "Madam President, with all due respect, what if this girl never knew that she was from District 1 and was brought there to protect her?" The President eyes widened at what the Peacekeeper said. She slapped him squarely across the face. I gasped, nearly blowing my cover. "Are you doubting me?" "Oh, no Madam, President." She slapped him again. She started walking toward me and I ran toward my room, closing the door really quietly.