Part 22

"Morning Sheldon" Amy mumbled, her voice was raspy despite the fact that she been awake for a while.

She felt tranquil and at peace, not wanting to disturb him and ruin this moment. Her head was placed over his chest and she spent the morning listening to his heartbeat in sync with his breaths, his chest rising then falling, over and over.

She had too, her flight was a mere 4 hours away and she wanted to spend more time with him, the conscious him.

Amy sat up, causing Sheldon hand to slip from her waist, jolting him awake with the sudden movement.

"Amy" he gasped, suddenly awake.

"what's the plan, Cooper? "Amy said teasingly, sitting up on her knees and bending over him to reach for her glasses.

" Well Fowler, we have a lunch date with the group and nine so up until then we have free time" He sat up and propped himself against his headboard.

"I should see my landlord, make sure he's still okay with me away"

"I'm sure he will be, are you sure toy want to see him now?" Sheldon wasnt hiding it, he wanted to spend more time with her, it killed him when she was away.

"I think I should sell my apartment "
She knew this was a big deal for her and even Sheldon. She crossed her arms and looked down, avoiding eye contact.

" why? " Sheldon replied breaking the silence.

"it's impossible for me to pay two separate charges of rent a week even with the extra bonus from France," she took a deep breath," I'm losing money if I keep it that way, and if I have to stay longer-

"do you have to stay longer?" Sheldon interrupted, he was now leaning forward and although he was simply nervous for the conversation his stance terrified Amy.

"I'm not sure," she said hesitantly, “my work isn't nearly done and two of my work mates have quit, it's a lot of work Sheldon"

"how long?" he asked.

"maybe till the end of the year" her voice was shaking, she didn't want to tell him this way.

The silence in the room was killing her, what could he be thinking about for so long?

"Sheldon?" Amy whispered,  "come with me?"