Chapter 25

Annette walk to the table with a bowl of salad that she and Butler J had prepare. Right after they left Alex apartment, they went back to Clinton home which was at the area where many billionaire stay.

"It has been a while that you have cook for us. Usually you would come and cook!" said Marcus, Clinton husband, the company lawyer and one of Annette best friend other the Clinton.

"You should hire me as your cook!" said Annette while she start to serve Clinton and her family.

"You are too expensive to hire you Annette." said Clinton while she taste the mushroom soup that Annette had made. Right after she serve everyone and pull J out from the kitchen to have dinner together, and dig into the delicious food that Annette had cook. They praise Annette for not losing touch on her cooking.

Right after dinner, butler J insist to have the dinner table clean while they went to Clinton and Marcus study room to discuss business. Clinton and Annette sat at the sofa while Marcus pour them some whiskey and give it to them.

"So what is our next move?" said Marcus while he lend his body to the wooden study table.

"As we agreed we will allow them to have their own investigation and after 2 weeks we will meet them to see if we can settle." said Annette.

"Are you alright?" said Clinton who was concern that Annette get to involve in this deal.

"What you mean?" said Annette while she look at Clinton.

"From the way I see Alex when he found out that you were the owner of Alive.Co He's too shock and from the look from his face both of you were more the employer and maid." said Clinton. Annette look down and says,

"He had fallen in love with Maria the maid and I have fallen in love with him in return." Marcus who had just sip his whiskey blow back out while make Annette and Clinton laugh at him for being childish.

"Will you be alright? I mean he was your first?" said Marcus who immediately sat beside Annette. Clinton hold her hand tight, she want to give her support.

"I'll be fine. It just that I wanted to tell him myself of who I really am and not let someone else." said Annette sadly.

"Well you did fine when you fire that bitch from working again in our company." said Clinton. Annette look at the watch which was at the wall and saw that it was already 9.30pm.

"Guys I need to go back already. I need to wake up early to go the company. And I know that Cherry is having a hard time in the office." said Annette while she stood up.

"Why don't you stay here tonight?" suggested Clinton.

"Nah....I want to be alone tonight and some more I would not want to listen to unwanted sound at night." joke Annette. Marcus and Annette laugh at what she meant. Marcus and Clinton walk Annette out of the study room when suddenly Annette accidentally knock her feet to the wooden coffee table making her scream in pain. Which make Marcus and Clinton shock to see her reaction as for what they know, she could not feel pain. Clinton when to Annette and look at her feet.

"Are you alright?" said Clinton.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." said Annette.

"What happen I thought that you could not feel a pain?" said Marcus.

"I was heal by Alex somehow he slowly heal me. And I started to feel pain and happiness and my heart was full with his love but now...but now..." Annette immediately fall to her knee and start to cry. If only...if only Elizabeth would have come to her first and not to Alex. Things would not be this bad. She wish inside her heart that it was not the case but it was too late everything is out in the open. Clinton and Marcus knee down and hug her. This was the first time that they saw her cry and saw her felt the pain which they wish did not happen.

The next day, Alex walk into the living room where Liam and his father was waiting for him.

"Alexander what happen you sound serious on the phone earlier!" said Mr MacLaine. Alexander give his father the file that Maria or actually Annette had present to him yesterday night after a shocking truth about Maria real identity.

"This was present to me yesterday by Maria." said Alex.

"Maria you maid?" said Mr MacLaine shock to see a confidentiality file in his hand. He open the file and start to read it. His expression change calm to shock of what it was written on the file. He stop reading it and look back at Alex.

"Are you sure that this is happening?" said Mr MacLaine.

"I have form a team to investigate we will found out soon enough." said Alex while he lean his back on the sofa. Liam took the file from his father and start to read it, after reading it he was shock and look back at Alex.

"Maria was hired by Alive.Co To spy on us?" said Liam.

"She was not hired by Alive.Co But she is the owner of Alive.Co!" said Alex who finally come to a stage of accepting that the love of his life had betray him and even worse is his business enemy. Mr MacLaine immediately laugh. He could not believe that Maria the housekeeping in his son apartment is the owner of a multi-billion dollar mega company. Liam look at Alex and was convince that his brother was speaking the truth. He smirk and sat down opposite Alex and says,

"That why she said she was not interested in your money. She was interested in something else!" Alex turn to Liam and says,

"I have a private conversation with her and she told me that she was not interested with your money, but I did sense something else was off. And now we know what." said Liam.

"That bullshit...I can't believe that girl own Alice Co." said MacLaine.

"You can meet her after 2 weeks dad, they have given us 2 weeks to have our own investigation and after that they will come to my office to settle a deal."

"Good, I'll be there and I want to see with my own eyes if the housekeeper is the owner of Alive.Co" said Mr MacLaine.

P.S Vote and Comment. TQ