Chapter 21

It has been a week and finally Maria sole has heal. For the last week, Alex took a week off from his work just too take care of her. He even told Alice and Bruno to have a week leave. Other then taking care of her, he wanted to be with her. Maria serve Alex his coffee and wanted to walk back to the kitchen when Alex pull her to seat on his lap. She push him away and wanted to stand up quickly so that Alice or Bruno did not saw what Alex did to her but Alex pull her again and refuse to let her go.

"Alex let me go!!!! Alice and Bruno will walk in any time!!!" said Maria struggling to let herself go from Alex grid. Alex use his left hand to wrap her waist and use his right hand to eat his breakfast.

"Nope!!! I'm not letting you go!! wait till I finish!!" he said while continue eating. Maria stop struggling and allow him to finish. Alice walk out from the kitchen and stop walking. Maria look at Alice and was embarrass. Alex look at Alice and say,

"Is that mine?"

"It is sir!!"

"Come on...give it to me!" he said while Alice bring his sausage to him. Maria look away and cover her face. Alice quietly laugh at Maria who was so embarrass of her situation.

"Sir why don't you take another week off so that you can rest after you took a whole week to take care of Maria." said Alice teasing Maria.

"Should I?" said Alex while he look at Maria.

"Alice don't you give him any ideas." said Maria while she pinch Alex left arms which he immediately let Maria go. Maria took the chance to stand up and walk back to the kitchen, leaving Alex and Alice laughing at how Maria was so embarrass.

Alex walk into his office to see his father was waiting for him. He walks to his desk and says.

"What are you doing here this early?"

"There is a marriage proposition came for you." said Mr. MacLaine.

"What! Marriage proposition? What are we in the 50s now!" said Alex while he sat opposite his father.

"A marriage proposition and also a business opportunity!"

"Are you selling your son now it seem?" said Alex.

"It a big business opportunity, Meryl came to me and told me that if we combine our company we became the first combine multi-billion company." Said Mr. MacLaine.

"I'm sorry dad but I'm rejecting the proposition maybe you can ask Liam." Said Alex final with his decision not to be marry off to someone he does not know, moreover he has already have someone in his heart.

"Is it that maid that why you are rejecting a big opportunity right now?" said Mr MacLaine who was not happy with Alex decision. He thought Alex would be more professional and passion about making their company big.

"That maid...HuH!!!" said Alex not happy when his dad call the love of his life that "maid". He look at his dad seriously and say,

"Her name is Maria Mendez not just any maid she's mine. And I love her. Even if she not in the picture I will still not agree with this crazy idea of marrying me off to a stranger who I don't even know."

"You love her? Son I have been there and I know that's not love. Fine you can said that you love her now but can you love her in the next 5 years? Marrying another well off girl is what you should be thinking off. This is not just about your life but also the survival of our company son." said Mr. MacLaine. When Alex heard what his dad said, he immediately felt angry. What he felt is love and not lust and definitely he did dream of having her in his life till he die. Alex stood up , walk to his table and says,

"Dad please leave and take you offer back into your ass. I don't agree with the proposition and I love her more that you ever imagine. She's not someone who you used to sleep with. She is the owner of my heart and I did imagine that she and I will last long, longer that you and Meryl have ever had. So I appreciate if you don't bring this up again, because right now I rather choose her that this damn company." Mr. MacLaine angrily stood up and says,

"And I thought you were wise." While he stomp out of Alex office. Alex drop down to his chair and sigh. He came believe that his dad disapprove of his relationship. 

P.S Vote and Comment. TQ