Chapter 8

It was 10 pm. Alice and Bruno has left for the day. Right after Boss went into his room, Alice and Maria start cleaning. While they were clearing the table. Maria notices that Boss did not eat anything. For the last 1 hour, he was just playing with his food while they rest eat something but not him.  Maria was sitting at the living room waiting for Boss to come out from his room, and if he feel angry, she can prepare him something to eat. Maria look at her watch and saw it was about 1010 pm. She decided to make chicken s/w for Boss even if he does not eat. After 20 minutes, she has prepare chicken s/w and took out Boss favorite beer. She put everything on the tray, carries it and walk to Boss room. She knock the door a few time but he did not answer. Maria the open the door and peek in to see if Boss is sleeping. She the saw him was sitting on the bed while looking down on the floor.

"Boss...I make some food for you. Can I come in?" said Maria. Boss did not said anything. Maria then walk in quietly and place the tray near Boss.

"Boss please eat this. I know that you have not eaten." Said Maria. But Boss did not say anything, he keep looking at the floor. Maria walk closer to him and place the tray closer to him and says again.

"Boss...please eat this. I prepare for you." Said Maria while she tap his shoulder. After she tap his shoulder, suddenly Alex push the tray away and it flew to the marble floor and shout,

"I don't care....go away." Maria quickly wanted to walk out of the room, before she went out she wanted to pick up the pieces of plate and bottle which break when Boss push it away.

While she wanted to clear the plate and glass, Maria did not notice that she has step a broken plate and bottle it has cut her leg. Alex look at Maria whose was picking up the broken plate and bottle. He know what she did is for him but he really did not want to be disturb. He stood up and walk to her.

"Maria...get out...get out now!!!" Maria stops picking up the broken plate and glasses and wanted to walk out when he saw red liquid on the floor. He looks and saw that it was everywhere and then he saw that it came from Maria leg. He pull Maria hand and says,

"Stop....did you cut yourselves?" while he look at her leg. Maria look at and they notice that she has a deep cut.

"Maria did you not feel the cut?" said Alex worried and guilty at the same time. Maria look at her clueless and says,

"Ah...nope....I did not feel anything."

"Come sit here." Said Alex while pulling her to his bed and push her to sit down.

"It alright Boss, I can do the first aid myself." Said Maria while she try to stand up but Alex push her down and says,

"Sit down. I'll get the first aid." Said Alex while he looks for the first aid box. After a while, he came in with the first aid kit and starts to treat her wound.

"How can you not feel the cut...it freaking deep!!" said Alex.

"Cause I can't feel any pain." Said Maria calmly. Alex look at her and her facial show no pain, she can still smile.

"That bullshit!!!" said Alex.

"Nope...it not, I cannot feel pain. The doctor said something about me cutting my nerves or something." Said Maria.

"You cut yourselves?"

"Nearly cut myself but instead of killing myself I cut my nerves." Said Maria trying the joke about the matter. Alex did not say anything, what can he say to her. He wanted to know why but who is he to know?

"I heard that you lose your mother but I lose more people then you boss!!" Said Maria.

"I try to kill myself in a mall cubicle. Then someone notice and suspect that I was going to do something crazy and manage to stop me. But instead of killing myself I cut my nerve and make me stop feeling pain. " 

"I'm not really sure what really happen between you and your brother sir but I would suggest that you need to settle with your brother right away before the pain that the two of you have will separate the love between two brothers. And forgive yourselves for what happen to your mother, sometime I too blame myself for their death but I have to live too. You have to live, ask for forgiveness and live happily when the time come open your arms big to welcome your punisher."

Alex did not move or said anything. It was his fault that his mother died. He should not have being stubborn and let his mother take him aside but he was too stubborn and walk away. If he did not walk away, she would be alive now. Maria stood up with half bandage leg and walk out of the room, she saw a rag at the side, she took it, wipe the blood away and close the door. 

P.S Vote & Comment ... :)