Chapter 15 - Tape 7, Side B

a/n : so hello guys! so here's the chapter and I hope you'll love it. don't be afraid to vote and comment random things, all right? I dedicate this chapter to zachthecinnamonroll because he/she was the first one to comment in this book. Thanks luv! x

***

Maya Hart

I stepped out of Tony's car after thanking him for everything. I heard him drive off while I stared at the figure sitting on our porch stairs. He's wearing his liberty jacket with his duffel bag on his side. I slowly approached him and he looked up.

"Hey. . ." I softly said and he stood up. I bit my lip as I wiped my palms on my jeans. He looked around before hesitantly stepping down to meet me. "I'm sorry for crashing," he replied and I smiled.

"It's alright," I said and reached out for his hands. I wrapped my hand around his cold ones and dragged him gently and silently in our house. "Have you eaten dinner yet?" I whispered and looked over my shoulder.

Justin shut the door behind us quietly while he shook his head. "I haven't," he simply said and I smiled a bit. "Do you want roast beef and garlic bread? I could cook some for you," I whispered and ushered him to follow me to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and took out the marinated beef and garlic bread spread. I placed the beef down on a wooden chop board, grabbing a sharp knife and a roast fork. I started cutting the meat while I heard Justin sat at the stool. I placed a grill pan on the stove and preheated it. I grabbed a baguette and sliced it using a bread knife. I placed some spread on the bread slices before tossing them into the oven.

I placed the roast beefs on the pan and looked at Justin who was staring at his phone. "Expecting a call?" I asked causing him to look up and shrug. "It's just, Zach didn't pick up any of my texts," he said and I flipped the beefs.

"Why did you crash at my place? Why not Bryce's?" I asked and he tensed up a bit. "You know why I can't go to Bryce's and I choose you because. . . You're my girlfriend,"

I felt my heart melt when the word 'girlfriend' left Justin's mouth. My mouth is gaped and I felt heat spread across my cheeks. "I'm your girlfriend?" I asked and he smiled. "Is it not obvious?" he asked and I chew the inside of my cheeks, thinking of something.

"I'm sorry. I just. . . I'm an old school, Justin," I said he grinned. "You prefer being courted and asked out on dates and shit," he said and I numbly nodded. "Sorry, I know it's like not your style to do those," I blabbered and he shook his head.

"You don't need to say sorry. I find it adorable actually that you like things old school and it puts a challenge on me," Justin said and I smiled a bit. I grabbed a plate and placed all the beef on it, turning off the stove afterwards. I turned off the oven and grabbed the garlic breads, placing it on a new plate. I looked at the time to see that it's already 4:03 am. I sighed lightly as I place the two plates in front of Justin.

After I placed the plates in front of him, he instantly attacked the food making me giggle. "This. Is. Awesome," Justin said between bites of the food. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a bottled water from the fridge with a smile. "Don't eat too fast. You might choke," I said and he nodded. I placed the water in front of him as I watch him eat.

I just realized that today is Friday and we still have classes. I yawned a bit catching Justin's attention. "You alright?" he asked and I smiled a bit. "Yeah just. . . I heard my tape. A while ago with Tony," I said and Justin softened.

"I. . . I shouldn't have said what I said Justin. It triggered Hannah. I didn't mean it," I said and he sighed. "Just let it go, Maya. You'll get over it, soon. Trust me," he said and I met his gaze. "Why can't you go to Bryce's?" I asked and he stiffened once more, his eyes turning cold.

"Nothing," he mumbled and continued eating but I'm too curious to let it slide. "Why Justin?" I asked and he sharply met my gaze. "It's because Jessica is there," he simply said and I felt my heart ache.

"Jessica? Why the fuck would she do at the place of her rapist?" I spat and Justin scowled. "Don't say that," he said and I sighed. "It's the truth, Justin. I know that you know," I said and he bit on the garlic bread, avoiding my statement.

"Justin. I have a question," I started as I stared at my shoes grazing the tiles of the kitchen floor. I can feel his gaze on me but I don't want to meet it, too scared to see emotions flicker in his eyes. "Do you still like Jessica?"

I heard shuffling from Justin's area and now I saw a pair of converse in front of my shoes. I slowly looked up to come face to face to Justin's face. He grabbed a tissue from behind me and wiped his hands before cupping my face softly.

"I don't care for her anymore. . . You know that," he said softly and I bit my bottom lip. "Like and care are different things. You know that because you're smart. And if I still care for her, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't bring you to where we hang out, sneak you out in the middle of the night,"

I slowly locked my eyes with his and saw that he really means what he's saying. He is not making things up just to make me feel better. He is not that type of boy that would reason their way out by saying compliments and shitty things. Justin is different.

"I have a favor to ask you," I mumbled and he raised his brows. "Anything," he said and I pursued  my lips, taking a deep breathe.

"Tell me if you don't want us to continue. Be honest with me. Tell me if you don't enjoy my company anymore, tell me if I'm your rebound, tell me if I'm embarrassing you, tell me if I'm ugly, tell me if you hate me, tell me if you want to call us off, tell me if you don't want to date me, tell me if I'm annoying, if I'm a bitch, tell me if I'm an asshole, if I'm a killjoy, tell me—"

My blabbering was cut off short when I felt Justin's soft lips crash into mine. I froze for a moment before melting into him and kissing him back. Our lips mold together perfectly as if it was made for each other. I let Justin dominate as I wrap my arms around his neck. I break away as I pant and catch my breathe. We leaned our foreheads together.

"You talk too much," Justin mumbled causing me to chuckle. "Well I'm sorry for being paranoid," I said and Justin caressed my cheek.

"You don't have to worry about anything, Maya. I sincerely like you and I want to get to know you more. If you want to do it the old style way, then I'll do it. I will win you over no matter how much it takes. I will serenade you even my voice sucks, I won't do things that will make you upset. I won't fuck you unless you want me too. I'll respect you, so much. I'll shower you with love, make you feel appreciated every second," Justin said and I can't help but grin.

"Thank you," I said and he shook his head. "No. Thank you," he said before eloping me in a hug. I sighed in his embrace and for the first time tonight, I feel safe. I feel like he won't hurt me or Justin. That he can't break us apart.

***

a/n : i tried so I'm sorry if you don't like this chapter :'( i'll try my best in the next chapters okay? vote and comment~

ps : if you're a 5sos fam please check out my new book. chapter one is out!

 chapter one is out!