alex standall (@floweryzena)

alex's pov

alex's pov

i was siting in my bedroom bored out of my mind, when my dad called me downstairs.

"alex! come down here, i have a surprise for you!" he shouted.

"coming sir!" i shouted back.

i walked downstairs, not ready for what was about to happen.

"yes sir?" i asked as i rounded the corner into the kitchen.

"alex, you remember my buddy kyle from the force?" he motioned towards the man standing in our kitchen.

"yes, it's good to see you again." i shook his hand.

"well you remember his daughter vanessa right?" he asked in a sly tone.

how could i forget. she was my first crush...when i was like six. we used to play together everyday until her dad was relocated back to germany. then my first love went back to her home land, leaving me alone.

"of course." i smiled thinking of my younger self.

"well she starts at liberty on monday. you don't mind showing her around right? its always nice to have a familiar face when you start somewhere new." my dad dropped the bomb.

holy crap. is this actually happening?

"o-okay sure." i agreed, still boggled that this is actually happening.

"great! well we'll see you monday man. you can bring vanessa by here, and alex can drive them to school." my dad gave kyle a bro hug.

"perfect! it was good to see you alex."

"it was good to see you too." i shook kyle's hand.

he left and i ran up to my room to prepare for monday.

monday

oh gosh. todays the day.

i don't think i've ever been this nervous before in my life.

i took a shower and got dressed for school.

as soon as i tied my last shoe, the doorbell rang.

talk about timing.

"alex! are you ready?" my dad called up the stairs.