C H A P T E R T H R E E

I didn't do much today. I was just supposed to observe and take notes. That was easy when all he did was sit in the house and listen to loud ass music. I had Ski help me take notes when they went out somewhere. I watched a few more kids movies and I called Deja and talked to her. Finding Nemo was on before Ski came in my room and sat next to me. He handed me the notebook and I smiled.

"Thanks Ski," I said and he smiled back at me.

"If he didn't hate you so much, I wouldn't have to take notes on aggression," he said and I nodded.

"Wish he didn't hate me too," I said.

"I love this movie," he said and he began watching it with me.

I put in the Nutty Professor and he went to his room. I cut off the light and turned off the tv and fell asleep. I was so bored. Soon enough I woke up at 3 am again. This time someone sneezed.

I opened my eyes slightly and mumbled bless you. It was a force of habit. The person didn't say anything back. They just stared at my with dark eyes. I opened my eyes all the way to realize it was X. Was he watching me? I sat up and he pulled me out of the bed not saying a word.

"What are you doing?", I said fearfully. I didn't want him to throw me again so I just looked down.

"I wanna apologize for what happened last night," he said and I nodded.

"Why are you apologizing?", I asked and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"I think Ski is starting to like you. I don't want him to, but he is," he said and he sat me back down.

"Why don't you-" I started, but he cut me off.

"Shut up and go back to sleep," he said and soon enough I did.

I didn't wake up to much pain, but to a headache. The hickey from before was gone, but there seemed to be a new one on the other side of my neck. I touched it wondering who could be doing this to me. I got dressed this time in a t-shirt and some jeans. I walked out of my room and into the kitchen and I sat down and I began writing in my notebook.

"Why are you up so early?", I heard Ski ask me and I look up at him. I could barely remember what happened and why I woke up at 3am again.

"I can't sleep," I said as I continued writing. 

"What you taking notes on now?", he asked me and I sighed.

"I don't really know. I'm just writing," I said. He sat down next to me at the table and he patted my shoulder.

"Drink some coffee," he said and he started making some for me. He's so sweet. He reminds me of Rodney.

Twelve Days Later

I emailed my boss about all of my observations and experiences with X. The surprise hickeys kept popping up every time I wake up, but X stopped waking me up at 3 in the morning which is good.

I finished typing on my phone and I sent it to him. I left my room to be met with Ski's chest again.

"Damn you must be made of rocks," I said and I didn't notice he was holding me up.

"You must be blind," he said to me and I laughed.

"Yeah I guess I am," I said and we walked into the kitchen laughing. X sat at the table on his phone not eating anything. He glanced at me and then back at his phone.

"No fuckin in the hallway," he said bluntly and I chuckled.

"Don't worry. That isn't happening anytime soon," I said and he smiled.

"What question you got for me now?", he asked. When I was about to ask him I heard a knock at the door. X got up and went to go open it and I sat down drinking the coffee that Ski made me.

"Get yo gay ass off my doorstep," I heard him say and I got up and walked to the door.

"Chill," I said and he looked he me and he backed away from the door. I saw Rodney standing there with roses with this irritated look on his face, "Don't mind him."

"Hey Rickie. Happy birthday," he said and I smiled.

"Thanks Rodney," I said and he kissed my forehead.

"I'll be back later. Around 11, stay awake for me," he said.

"Okay," I said before he walked away. I closed the door and turned around to be met with X standing there still.

"You're dating a faggot," he said to me. I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. Ski looked at me as I passed the kitchen.

"Who you get those from?", he said and I smiled and looked at him, but before I got to answer X answered for me.

"A faggot," he said and Ski laughed. I put them in glass from the kitchen and filled it with water. I opened my door and there X was standing in my way.

"Yes?", I asked and he stood there looking at me. He pushed me into the room and closed the door behind him.

"You're not going with that faggot," he said and I frowned.

"Why not?", I asked him, "I don't see why you have authority over me. I'm living in Ski's house," I said sassily.

"Don't do that," he said to me and I frowned.

"Do what?", I asked him with an attitude. He growled and he grabbed me by the arm and swung me into the wall. I almost screamed, but he put a hand over my mouth.

"I'm sorry," he said to me taking his hand off of my mouth. He moved closer to me and of his hand on my waist and he kissed me. Not those loving and sweet ones that Rodney gives. Those hard and rough kisses that makes you want more.

This made me forget all that hurtful shit he did to me. But when I came to my full mind I pushed him away from me.