Chapter Eight~ Adrian

Start from the beginning

"So this is serious, yeah? When do I get to meet him?"

Of course this would be something that Helen wanted. To meet him. Adrian thought about how she already knew him, and desperately wanted to tell his friend the truth. "We're not really a thing. Well, we could be. I don't really know. It's confusing. Well, he's confusing". El sighed loudly in his ear and Adrian knew what was coming next.

"Don't get your hopes up, hun".

"I can't help it". It was true. Adrian had always had an issue with getting his hopes up when very rarely things should turn out his way. Every time Helen would encourage him to not do this to himself, because he only ended up disappointed, but he couldn't help it. One of these times, something needed to work out his way. Maybe, just maybe, that something was Ezra.

Damn he hoped it was.

"Adri-"

"Adrian". He looked up as his mother entered his bedroom. This was a rarity, so Adrian didn't know what exactly to do.

"Um, El, can I call you back later?"

"Wha-" he hung up up on her and dropped his phone onto his mattress.

"Is everything okay mom?" She purses her lips as he reminded her that she was his mother.

"There's someone here to see you," she said dryly, and then smiled fondly, but it wasn't really directed towards him. It was as if she was remembering something. "Charming boy".

Boy. The only boy who knew where Adrian lived, despite himself, was the one who had dropped him off not even twenty minutes ago. This couldn't be good.

He scrambled out of bed, pushing his mother out of the way, despite her protests, so he could get to the living rooms. Ezra sat on the couch, looking at total ease as he spoke to Adrian's father. One of his hands was pressing down on ten familiar hard case that he had on his lap, and the other was slowly scratching the head of Adrian's cat Mellow (short for Marshmallow of course). The two men looked up when he entered the one and Ezra's hand froze on the cat's head, annoying the animal. One smile was directed his way as the other man scowled. Adrian ignored both. "You're inside of my house".

"It would seem so," Ezra said, his eyes roaming quickly up and down Adrian's bare torso and the younger suddenly remembered that he had yet to put on a new shirt. His mother entered the room and scowled at his half naked form and then smiled at Ezra, who returned it without a pause. Adian was very annoyed by this. Annoyed that his parents had fooled even Ezra into believing they were good people. "I was just going to drop this off," he held up the saxophone case, "which you left in the back of my car by the way, but your mom answered the door and told me to come inside and-"

"And here you are," Adrian glanced out of the corner of his eye at his mother, who was smiling at Ezra, probably wishing he was her son.

"Yeah. Here I am". Ezra was just looking at Adrian now, his eyes resting on his face, and Adrian looked between his two parents to see if they noticed this. If either of them discovered that Ezra had fucked their son, more than twice, he would be removed from the premises immediately and told not to return. Adrian considered for a second that telling his parents may actually be a good idea, but his father interrupted his thoughts.

"So Ezra says that you've been tutoring him for language arts," he said, and Ezra grinned at the man that despised his son just when he wanted him to love him. "How's that? We're really sorry if he's difficult for you".

This was horribly embarrassing, and Ezra seemed very confused. "Difficult?" His green eyes quickly flicked to Adrian and he knew he was studying the red spots scattered up and down his form. "Of course not. He's very well behaved". Adrian couldn't help thinking back to their night together, how easily he had fallen into submissiveness toward the other and his face heated. "Besides, he's a genius. I don't know what I'd do without him".