7

Ismail woke up suddenly, every of his thought in high definition. His eyes took in every ray of light and without a doubt he know he've slept for too long.Though his eyes are open he can't think of why; hjs heart is pounding, mind empty. It's as if a hypodermic of adrenaline has been emptied into his carotid. He strain into the utter darkness, breathing rate beginning to steady.

Fully awake to the gentle patter of rain on his roof and thunder rumbling from far away. He pushed the blankets off, immediately feeling the warmth of sleep begin to slip away. He swung his feet over the side of the mattress and sat up, rubbing the crust from hi eyes. He finally stood up, his bare feet pressing softly against the old leather carpet, and walked towards the window.

The glass was splattered with rain drops, as even more came down. The clouds swirled lightly above hi house, their pale grey color suggesting a long, mild storm.The golden light softly caressed the land and ignited the birds into a chorus of melodies.

Foggy memories of last night began to play in his mind,suddenly turning towards his bed,only to find it empty,'she left' he said to himself.After a long cold and memorable night the daybreak brought glimmers of warmth.

Taking his time by the window,thoughts of zulaiha invaded his mind,guilty much and ashamed of what transpired between the two of them yester night weight his heart down most especially when he recalled her telling him he is her first but that did not change how he feels about her.

A part of him regrets what happened but the other part enjoyed the pleasure while it lasted and will gladly do it anytime until the aroused thirst is quenched but better still he silently prays that such act should not happen ever again and that means not seeing her ever again. He did not think of how the damsel feels nor how hurt she will be,he and his feelings are his first priority.

A stream of water came pouring from his neighbor's roof, towards the soaked grass below. He had things to round up in the office since he is to depart few days from now.

The clouds dominate the morning sky leaving transitory patches of blue . Though they are mostly white there is a hint of greyness, a suggestion that rain may play a part in the day to come. Before even getting dressed, he decided that he needed to take an umbrella to work with him to-day.

He got dressed and fed himself though he only had noodles and a cup of tea. He was happy that after today he won't be going to the office again and will be in New York City in no time which means he won't see her again. He will leave silently without saying goodbye,maybe things will go back to how they were before,as if they never happened. Or so he thought.

Upon arriving at the office,he went straight to the General manager's office and knocked on the glass door before he was ushered in.

A cubby man of average height and dark skin and ofcourse a potbelly sat on chair behind the mahogany office table littered with files, documents and architectural designs.

The office was painted grey, and it had only one floor-to-ceiling window, which faced the main road. On the grey desk sat a desktop computer, a notebook lying open, and a stack of papers sitting under a turtle-shaped paperweight. In a corner, the air conditioner was blasting at medium, and there was a swivel chair in the middle of the office. A bookshelf, bursting with books was in a corner, with yet another stack of papers under a paperweight that was shaped to look like a tuft of grass. A few pens were lying on the papers, but some had fallen onto the top of the bookshelf.

"Good morning, sir" Ismail nervously said,this was his second time of meeting the calm looking yet serious GM. He heard stories of the man known to be a no nonsense fella. No matter how nice he is to you,to him no mistake is acceptable,that is why he is feared by all but one.