II. NOTHING TO ME

— chapter two —NOTHING TO ME

— chapter two —
NOTHING TO ME

    THE LEAVING FOR Hogwarts was a cordial one. The Black family said nothing at the platform, only nodding their heads as Walburga installed more knowledge into her children's minds. Remelda let her eyes wonder during the lecture, finding its way to Sirius and the Potter family.

    She hated it. She hated her brother for leaving, the Potters' for taking him in, and everyone associated with them. They took her brother away, but she didn't care anymore. She couldn't care anymore. He made his choice and he had to live with it, but so did they. He might've made the choice, but he wasn't the only one having to live with it.

    Remelda felt the pain of his situation more than he did, probably. She felt the pain of being ignored by the one who protected her, she felt the pain he used to feel from their parents. Constantly, she was put in the position of having her back whipped or the Cruciatus Curse being plagued upon her. She felt that now, all because of him. She had to deal with comforting Regulus now, telling him lies until he figured it out on his own that Sirius wasn't coming back for them. He found another life away from them, and the two younger siblings had to learn to cope with that decision.

    He looked happy, she noted. The mother of the family was holding Sirius tight ("That's called a hug, Remy," the younger version of Sirius cheered) and he was smiling. James nudged him, her brother rolled his eyes, said something that caused them all to burst into laughter.

    "Remelda!" Walburga barked, causing her daughter to look at her, "Have you heard anything I've said?"

    "No, mother, I'm sorry," Remelda answered with politeness, "I was...distracted."

    "I can see," her mother sneered, "As I was telling Regulus, you must get in with the right crew. Now, I know that you aren't the people person, my dear, but you must get out of your shell and talk to Demetri – that is critical. You are to marry him, so you must become friends with his friends."

    Remelda nodded, resisting the urge to shrink up her nose in disgust, "Yes, mother."

    "Good," her mother turned her head up, "Now, you must be off. Go on."

    And there wasn't any more to be said. Remelda and Regulus walked off, boarding the train before nodding to each other and turning their different ways. While Regulus found himself at the front of the train, a place where only the most respected children of Slytherin families sat, Remelda went further back. It used to be that Sirius sat in the middle of the train, so the three siblings were split up perfectly amongst the train. But now, she tried not to think about that.

    Finding the cart with her best friend, Remelda opened up the door and sat down, sighing as she did. Alfie, her best friend, smiled at her.

    "Rough summer?" he asked, chuckling slightly. He was different from the others, Remelda knew. He wasn't uptight, he didn't try and force his views on the world into conversation, he listened.