Punching Bag

AN: Welcome to Chapter 14, now this chapter is not like the others, because it is still in Dean's point of view, so there is no shuffling of POV's

We did so much research,  only to find that Lia was pretty much one of a kind. All the other half demon babies were sacrificed when they were young, or they were experimental and killed in the process.

Lia had woken up, and though she had tried to stay awake and help us, I had made her go back to sleep. I knew that she needed to sleep.

Maybe I needed sleep too, I kept finding my eyes closing, but I fought to stay awake, to find all the answers, to find the asshole and kill him with my bare hands.

"Dean go to sleep, we will keep reading," Sam says around one in the morning.

I look at him. "I'm fine."

"Damn it Dean, I know you want to play hero, but you need to sleep." Sam looks at me with those puppy dog eyes, the ones that made me feel horrible as a kid.

"Fine, but wake me up if you find anything useful." I say before walking over to the couch where Lia was sleeping, I lay down beside her and am asleep before my head hits the pillow.

In my dream, I am sitting beneath a tree in a park. I look around confused. That's when I see Lia, pushing a little boy in the baby swing. Even from far away I can hear her laughter, mingled with the child's. The sound puts a smile on my face. I get up to join her, when the scene changes, and I am in a room, tied to a chair. Ruby red eyes look through the darkness, piercing into my heart, causing chills down my spine.

"Come find me Dean Winchester,  and bring Lia. You know where I am."

I wake up, my eyes blinking open. Lia is snoring lightly laying her head on my chest, she looks peaceful except for the frown playing on her lips. Then it hits me, I do know where he is.

Sitting up, I look around. Everyone else is gone.

I get up, without moving Lia too much, and walk around, finding only a simple note.

"Dean--

They will die if you don't save them.

Bring Lia,

-Aegean, your future father in law."

I crumble up the paper, the anger rising in me.

"Lia, you have to get up." I say, the harshness evident in y voice, as I lightly shake her.

Her eyes flutter open, and she looks at me with worried eyes. "Dean, what's wrong?" She asks, rising her hand to touch my cheek.

I catch her hand and squeeze it. "Aegean took the others, we have to save them." I say softly.

I see the panic in her face. "But...my amulet...Behlalonia..."

"I know, I know sweetheart, but we have to go save the others, and I can't do it without you. Lia, I need you."

"Well what are we waiting for?" She asks, getting up off the couch, still dressed only in a wife beater and a pair of my boxers.

"Umm..maybe you should get dressed." I say, and she laughs.

"I guess that would be a good idea." She grabs her clothes, and starts to strip down in front of me. Changing into her customary jeans, tank top, and brown leather jacket.

"Ready now, princess?" I ask, and she just nods.

Instead of getting on the motorcycle, to her disappointment we get into Bobby's car. It is nothing like my baby, but at least I feel safe with walls and a roof above me.

I hold onto Lia's hand as we drive, I know what must be running through her head. For it also runs through my head. That if Aegean figures out how to open the amulet, while she is near him, she will be taken over. I didn't know how that would end.

Though I do not like it, I had to admit Aegean was smart, he knew how to drive fear straight into his victim's hearts. I was scared, though I hated to admit it. I had to save my brother, that was my job. I am the big brother, the oldest, the protecter, and I had done a piss poor job so far. Then there was Bobby, ever since losing Dad, he was Dad, how could I operate without him? I also needed to save Jeff, he was after all the only family Lia had, besides us. He had raised her as his own, after her mother had died, and he lost his son.

I keep driving, watching the road signs flash by us, I knw we are gettig closer with every sign. I didn't want to admit that I knew where he was. I was actually embarrassed.

Lia looks confused when we pull into a local strip club. "What are we doing here? I thought we were saving the others?"

"We are. Aegean sent us to the strip club in Iowa, because it was a hint."

"How did you even figure that out yourself?" She asks.

I shrug. "Just the smartest guy in the whole world."

"Yeah right."

I roll my eyes, but then I go into full battle mode. "Okay enough joking Lia, you do know what is waiting for us in there?"

"My father who apparently loves strippers."

"I said no more joking, this is serious." I yell at her, and I swear she shrinks about two feet, which is bad for her, since she is already so short.

"Sorry." She mutters softly.

I caress her cheek. "We need to have a damn good plan to make this all work." She nods.

We grab our salt and weapons. We both know how powerful Aegean could be. He was a demon, for God's sake.

"Haha, I made a funny." I think.

"Dean, just remember something please. If Behlalonia says something absolutely horrible it's not me speaking," Lia says as she dumps the bags of salt by the doors and other means of entry,

"Lia, I love you, and I'm pretty damn sure you love me too. I wouldn't listen to a demon anyways."

She hesitates slightly. "I love you too, Dean."

Though it is clearly not the time, or maybe it is, I dont know. We share a tender kiss and then finishing our salt rounds, I look at her.

"Ready?"

She nods. "Yeah, I think so." her voice weary.

"Let's go destroy this bastard once and for all." I say, quoting just about every badass hero of all time. My voice is masked with their confidence,  for inside I am shaking, scared at the prospect that I turn into a couple of demons' punching bag.

AN: Okay so, another chapter posted! Yay! That's always exciting. Next chapter we battle some demons. ;) That should be fun to write.