Sammy

AN: Soooo since you know, Sammy is hanging on to life, this won't be a chapter through his eyes...oops..

Getting Sammy to the hospital was our first priority and somehow, maybe we had gotten lucky a hospital was near the road we had been on. The ambulance found us with no problem, and even though it pained me to leave the Impala, Lia told me she had a plan to get it back.

Inside the ambulance I snap at one of the paramedics, she had been working on Lia and my wounds, when she should have been working on Sammy.

The hospital was a madhouse, doctors flocked to Sam and us. One kind nurse explained that Sam was being prepped for emergency surgery. I felt my knees give out, and Lia catches me surprisingly.

"Lia if he doesn't make it, it's all our fault." I say.

I see the pain in her eyes, I know she must think this is her fault.

"He will be fine, I promise." She says, putting her arms around me, and sitting both of us into chairs. I lay my head on her shoulder, and cry. She says nothing, but runs her fingers through my hair.

We sit without a word from nurses or doctors for a hour, with each passing minute, I panic more. Lia is strong for me, but I see the tracks of her tears. One time a nurse comes and bandages us up wih our minor injuries.

"Dean Winchester?" Comes a female voice, and I snap my head up.

"I'm here." I say.

"Sam is out of surgery, and it was successful but he may have to stay a few days. If you would like to see him, I can let you back now for a little bit." The nurse tells us.

"Come on Lia." I say, and the nurse shakes her head.

"Only family is allowed."

"Lia, is my wife, she was also in the damn car, she is family to him." I yell, causing the nurse to flinch. Lia's hand rests on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry about him, he is obviously upset by the fact that his baby brother, who he loves more than me, just got out of a major surgery."

I look down at her, and I try to throw her smile, but it's difficult.

"Of course, okay." The nurse says, and holding Lia's hand we are guided through a maze of rooms, until the nurse opens a door, and there in the bed, lies my baby brother.

"Sammy." My breathe catches in my throat.

I let go of Lia's hand, and go up to my brother's side.

"Oh, hey Dean nice of you to join me." Sam says, a smile on his face.

I have to keep more tears from falling, and Lia joins me by his side.

"Oh hey, and Lia. Hey did you know, your father is an asshole?"

Lia laughs. "Yes, I have heard."

"Sammy, when you get out of here, we are going to Bobby's." I say, and both of their eyes look torwards me.

Sam nods, and Lia looks indifferent.

"Excuse me, I need to make a call, Sammy it is good to see you breathing." Lia says excusing herself with a smile, leaving us alone.

"I'm so sorry Sammy." I whisper.

"It's not your fault Dean, it was going to catch up with us." He says, groaning as he tries to sit up in the bed.

"I know but, you shouldn't be lying here." I say, my voice hitched.

"Dean. Stop it, I'm fine. The doctors did well. Now, we have something else to discuss." He says, pausing

"What?"

"Lia, you love her don't you?" He asks, a bright smile eclipsing on his face.

I don't reply, but the heat that rises to my face answers the questions quite well.

The door opens, and Lia accompanied by a nurse walk in, Lia clearly looks unhappy.

The nurse looks at me firmly, "Visiting hours are over, Mr. Winchester here needs rest, he will surely be discharged tomorrow afternoon, assuming that he progresses well."

I am ushered out without having another word with Sam, and it kills me. I reach out for Lia's hand again, thankful that at least one of the two most important people in my world is by my side.

Back outside, in the brisk darkness of night. Lia and I walk with nowhere to go. Then she looks at me when we are completely alone, and smiles deviously.

"What do you have planned?" I ask, amused.

"I have a way to get the Impala, us, and Sam to Bobby's starting right now." She says, a playful smirk dances on her lips.

"Okay, there's just one problem Sam isn't getting discharged until tomo..." I stop midsentence. "Oh, I knew I liked you for a reason."

She laughs. "You play nurse, and get him out here in about thirty or fourty minutes, I will meet you at that corner with the Impala." she points to a street corner.

"Okay, well uh..be safe..with whatever it is you are going to do." I say, stumbling for words, and I give her a small kiss.

"Don't worry about me princess." She says, when we break apart.

"I'm always going to worry about you."

She blushes and then says "Just hurry up Nurse, we have a patient to break out."

She runs across the street, and out of sight, I'm dumbfounded, but knowing her. She probably has something up her sleeve, that will impress me later.