First Impressions

By morning, I was really missing my motorcycle. I felt so damn confided in the car, and Dean was taking every chance to be an ass.

Like five minutes ago, waking me up by blaring the 80's into my ears.

Rubbing my eyes, I try and remember last night, then it comes rushing back, Jeff had found these two bozos and now I had to hunt with them.

"Your mother would be so damn proud of you."

I sigh, and that causes Sam to look back at me, with sympathetic eyes. "Hey, sorry to wake you, but we have a case and we are almost there."

Those words I understood, and I go into full on hunter mode. "What kind of case?" my voice excited.

Dean shakes his head, "Before we go, I want to know how you got those scars on your neck." Sam slaps his arm, and my hand shoots up to trace the scars in question, along the way I touch my amulet, the one my mother had left for me.

"What?" Dean yells.

"Why did you ask her that?"

They continue to bicker back and forth, and I tune them out, looking outside the window, the landscape completely different from Illinois, where i had pretty much stayed, unless the case had been important.

"Anyways, we have a town plagued by a poltergiest, a nasty one by the sounds of it." Dean says, his voice defeated.

"Sounds easy enough." I say.

"Of course, for Little Miss Balls of Steel, a poltergiest would be no problem." Dean mumbles, loud enough for me to hear.

I might have made a growling noise, because Sam looked back at me again, with those eyes. I was starting to wonder how the two were brothers, and why Jeff trusted them, with his most precious cargo.

Figuring there was no other way to get ready, I pull clothes out of my bag, and begin taking off the sweatpants I had been wearing. Dean nearly wrecked the car.

"What the hell are you doing?"

I smirk and throw him a wink. "Keep your eyes on the road, pretty boy."

I hear a small laugh from Sam, and I put my jeans on, and then changing my shirt, I kick myself for wearing the most neon pink bra, and feeling both set of eyes on me. I knew they could see the bandages covering the gash, from yesterday, but also all the scars that ran across my stomach, chest, neck, and hips. I quickly throw on my sweatshirt, and try and keep calm.

After reaching the small town somewhere in Nevada, I hurry out of the car, and stretch. Another good thing about my bike was the freedom, and I was dying slowly in the Impala.

I smile a little about when I had wheeled the piece of junk, I had found all the way to the bar. Jeff had called me crazy, but it was another project for us to work on together, and we had fun.

I jump a little when someone puts their hand on my shoulder.

"Wow, jumpy much, Sleeping Beauty?" Dean asks, his voice dripping in sarcasm.

I glare at him, "Only when creepy men touch me."

He shoots me an equal glare. "Well just a fair warning princess, this will not be a cake walk, this spirit is targeting women around twenty. You fit that bill."

I look at him. "Trust me princess, I can take care of myself."

"The gash in your stomach and all those scars, tell a different story." His voice loses the sarcasm and he almost sounds concerned.

"My scars are none of your damn business." I snap, and he backs away.

"Well one day, you are gonna tell me, whether you want to or not."

I almost wish I had an excuse to kill him, I knew I could have, but now it was time to eat and prepare.

--
Several Hours Later

After nighttime fell, the Winchester brothers and I steal away into the woods, where the poltergiest was stationed.

I wasn't going to lie, it was creepy, and I was thankful that Dean was in front of me, and Sam behind me. I could feel the blade in my boot, it would be useless tonight, but knowing it was there was a small comfort.

Dean stops, and because I hadn't been paying attention, I nearly run into his back.

"It's around here." He whispers, starting back down the trail. I keep my eyes ahead of me, listening to the crunching of twigs and leaves beneath our feet, and the owls and god only knows what other animals, making their cries to the moon.

I reach inside my purse and search around, until I find my salt supply and grasp tightly onto it, we had been through the plan a gazillion times, but the salt was my only lifeline tonight.

When the trail ends in a fork, I turn left and the boys turn right. I was the bait tonight.

I reach the cabin first, and dropping low to the ground, I look in a window, and see the silvery light of the spirit,  the breath catches in my throat.

I begin to born salt around the house, trying to be quiet. After I circle the house, I slightly turn the doorknob, and tiptoe inside the house. Praying that the boys have made it down here, and that I won't have to be alone.

"Who dare comes inside my house?" Comes the insanely creepy make voice, I feel the cold rush of the spirit around me. "Ahh, another pretty girl from the town."

"Lia duck!" Shouts Dean from the doorframe. I don't have to be told twice, and as soon as I drop to the ground, I hear two guns go off, I know the salt bullet thingys they explained earlier had hit their mark. The ghoul groand in pain, and I jump up, and help the boys trap the spirit and Sam starts reciting the Latin words of exorcism.

When the spirit had been destroyed, I realize how slick with sweat I am. I feel disgusting. I also realize that the boys are looking at me like I'm crazy.

"What?" I ask, and when there is no answer, not even a sarcastic retort from Dean, I leave.

We make it back up the trail and to the Impala. I'm shock I could walk, my legs are shaking so bad.

I feel my eyes start to flutter shut, but can still hear the conversation up in the front.

"I don't know Sam, something is bothering me, all those damn scars, and then the shaking. Something is wrong with her." Dean whispers.

"Dean, don't push it man. She obviously doesn't want to talk about."

I can feel tears, because I know I am a harsh person. I lash out and snap with anger. My past has been hard and complicated. Jeff had been there sure, but he had been the only constant in my life. And the scars...oh the scars..

I still pretend to be asleep when Dean pulls into a motel, and I feel strong arms pick me up and carry me in. I hear Sam's voice deal with the front desk manager.

Soon enough, Dean settles me into one of the beds.

"Sam, I said take the damn bed."

"Dean, you shouldn't have to sleep on the couch in every one of these crappy motels."

"Well, I think you deserve a bed Sammy. And, since our living conditions have changed, it's not like one of us can just jump in bed with her."

I don't know who won, because sleep washes over me.

AN: Hi guys! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! I promise to make this an amazing story. :) Hope you all enjoyed this, and I hope you like Lia! I know I do.