three.

metanoia.
iii - outside

It had been a week already since Alexy's arrival, as she excepted it when she came to the safe zone, it was hard for her to get used to it, even having a roof above her head was still weird for her

It had been a week already since Alexy's arrival, as she excepted it when she came to the safe zone, it was hard for her to get used to it, even having a roof above her head was still weird for her. Alexy had issues to talk with people in Alexandria, she knew they didn't trust her which was normal, but she felt like she didn't belong here and never would. It was a hard feeling to carry on but she had seen worse in the past. The only person who seems to appreciate her, at least a little was Rosita, she tried to be friend with Alexy, asking her questions to get to know her, but everytime it was like talking to a wall, Alexy barely answered Rosita which always made the conversations really awkward between the two women.

Alexy felt oppressed in Alexandria, she was used to live in the woods or at least outside, she was used to hunt to eat, and she kind of missed it, that's why she decided to go out of the safe-zone without telling anyone so she was sure she would be alone, just as she wished.

Putting her damaged leather jacket on, she quietly looked in the house to see if Rosita was in there, once she was sure she was alone, Alexy took her dear sword and got out of the house. She, quickly but silently, walked to the walls around the safe-zone and climbed over them to go out. She was finally able to do what she wanted again, without having the feeling that someone was watching over what she was doing.

But what she didn't except, once she was in the woods, was to find Rosita in there, a bag on her back, searching for something.

" what are you doing here? " asked Rosita, surprised to see Alexy here
" I could ask you the same. " replied Alexy simply
" I'm searching for guns. "
" I needed to go out of Alexandria. "
" Oh. " Rosita didn't know what to reply to Alexy's answer
" Do you want help? " asked Alexy, not knowing why she proposed her help.
" I was heading back to Alexandria actually, but thanks for proposing. "
" Okay. " simply replied the green eyed woman.
" You should come back with me, Rick won't be happy to know you went out. " said Rosita, hoping to convince Alexy to come back.
" I don't care what Rick will think. I wanted to go away, and that doesn't concern him."
" It does, you're with us now, you're a part of our group. " spoke Rosita, meaning every words she just said.
" Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not." quickly answered Alexy, before starting to walk away.
" Wait!" almost yelled Rosita, following the other woman, " you'll come back, right ?"
" I guess so." finally said Alexy, putting a end to this conversation.

Alexy spent hours in the woods, enjoying her loneliness again. She didn't know how long she stayed there, but it was starting to be late. For a moment, she thought about spending the night there, but then she remembered telling Rosita that she would come back. She was a woman of her words, and would go back to Alexandria.

The brunette arrived at the safe-zone only at night. Just like she did to get out, she climbed the wall to, this time enters Alexandria. It was very calm tonight, no one was outside besides the person who had his duty to watch outside from the gates. Alexy headed to Rosita's home, hoping to see no one outside, but unluckily for the young survivor, she ran into the leader, Rick, a few meters before arriving at Rosita's house.

" Where the hell you were? " strictly asked the leader
" Outside, obviously." replied Alexy, arching a brow.
" I guessed that. If you don't follow the rules, you won't stay here." explained Rick, not liking how the young woman was talking to him.
" Yeah well, maybe it's for the best. " instantly replied Alexy, which she almost regretted.

Rick was surprised by Alexy's answer, it was the first time he heard someone that wanted to leave the safe-zone. Sure, at the moment, it wasn't ideal to live in there because of the saviors but they still had their houses and some food left. It could easily be worse. Rick didn't understand Alexy at all, and he didn't trust her, she was so different from everyone he met, he knew she wasn't bad, she just had been alone for too long and needed her time to get used to live in a community. She could be a great addition to their group if only she would allow herself to belong here.

Alexy finally entered the house, it was quiet at first, she was surprised since she thought that Rosita would be here. The young woman didn't understand why she was even thinking of Rosita, they weren't even friend, and she didn't want to start to care about someone. She couldn't allow herself to care about people anymore, she had lose too much in her young life already.

" So, you're really thinking of leaving? " questioned a voice from the kitchen, no doubt, it was Rosita.
" You heard me? " asked Alexy, surprised.
" I did. Can you answer me, now?" asked Rosita, wanting to know the truth.
" I don't know yet, I thought about leaving, I even thought about not coming back today. " honestly replied the woman.
" But you did. " stated the latina.
" Yes. "
" Why? " questioned again Rosita.
" Because I told you I would. I always do what I say. " explained Alexy, earning a small smile from Rosita.
" I can't choose for you, but no matter what, know that I'd love if you decide to stay." confessed Rosita, surprising Alexy.
" Why? I'm such an asshole to you. " admitted the green eyed brunette.
" You are, sometimes. But I know you're not like that, it's what you want me to think, because it's easier this way. You don't want to get attached to people, and that's okay. We all lost loved ones, and it takes time but you don't have to stop caring for people. " said Rosita, knowing that what she said would probably make Alexy mad at first.
" You're wrong, I don't want to care about people, I'm better by myself. " snapped Alexy, leaving Rosita in the kitchen to go in her room.

Rosita was right and knew it, she lets Alexy alone knowing she just hits where it hurts, she had to give her some times to let her think about what she just said. Alexy couldn't just live alone until the day she'll die, it was just impossible, at least while staying sane.
____
So many months later, here's an update!
I'm sorry for the very long wait and wanted to thank all of you for 2k views, I don't deserve them but thanks anyway!