•3• Josh's Turn

After Maya showered, brushed and began to eat breakfast, she still wasn't able to get the fight she had with Riley out of her head. "What's wrong?" Josh said pouring some Cheerios into a bowl along with some milk. "Riley. Riley's what's wrong. I forgot to tell her to come to the party, she found out, and now she's mad. But not only at that, but the fact that I lied to her to get out of that dinner with her." She sighed. "I'm a horrible best friend." "No, don't say that. You are a great best friend, alright? You just got caught up in the moment of the party I threw for you. If she should be mad at anyone, it should be me. I forgot to invite her." They both looked at their cereal in silence, not eating it. "If she doesn't know it was my fault, I'll go over to her place and talk it out with her alright? Would that make it better?" "Extremely. Thank you."

He kissed her forehead. "No problem." As he grabbed a jacket. "You're going right now?" "Yeah he replied and swiftly left in his sweatpants. She giggled while she took a sip of her coffee at the thought of her husband being on the cover of a magazine in an awesome, in style leather jacket, and then baggy sweatpants.

•••

Ding Dong! Josh rang the doorbell on Riley's front door. She answered it just seconds after. "Josh?" "...Hey, Riley. I-I heard something happened between you and Maya.?" Josh stated his sentence in a question form. "So that's why you're here." Riley walked over and sat on her couch with the front door open, implying for Josh to come in and close the door after.

When he did so, he continued to speak again. "Yeah. But listen, it's not Maya's fault, okay? It's mine. I forgot to invite you. But do you blame me? I had to manage a party for my famous, pregnant wife. I had to ask the whole cast and crew from her show to help with the party, and invite some of her other famous friends who aren't even on the show. But the hardest part about it all was realizing I never invited you. I feel awful for forgetting you. You're like a sister to me, and I never meant to hurt you."

Riley let out a breath before she said "Thank you for that. You're like a sibling to me too. But it doesn't change the fact that she said you texted her about an emergency." "She had a good reason for that." He replied. "She got the message from the studio director and she didn't wanna tell you because she knew you'd feel neglected. She knew you'd feel as though she was too famous for you. So she lied, but only for your benefit."

"It doesn't matter. Did you even hear what you just said? You admitted to her lying." Riley just couldn't get over what Maya did. "Me and her were having a special dinner for her birthday, something we never did in forever. I really felt like she had just been pushing me aside for the fame, but then me and her had an opportunity to finally hang out again... to be best friends again." A tear rolled down Riley's high right cheekbone as she continued "But no! You and the fame sucked her in... like always."

"Riley. She really is sorry, and so am I." "If she really was sorry, why didn't she come to say it herself?" And with that being said, Riley walked back to her room as Josh left her house. He hated the fact that he had to go home and tell the love of his life that her best friend didn't forgive her.

Word Count: 639