Chapter Eight: I Like You, Tsubaki!

A/n: Friedreich's ataxia is a genetic condition that affects the nervous system and causes movement problems. People with this condition develop impaired muscle coordination (ataxia) that worsens over time. Other features of this condition include the gradual loss of strength and sensation in the arms and legs; muscle stiffness (spasticity); and impaired speech, hearing, and vision. Individuals with Friedreich's ataxia often have a form of heart disease called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which enlarges and weakens the heart muscle and can be life-threatening. Some affected individuals develop diabetes or an abnormal curvature of the spine (scoliosis).

And that's the answer to your question. AlexandriaValdecanas.

Kaori developed diabetes while Kousei had a heart disease. Not all patients of this disease get almost the same symptoms depending on the lifestyle, too.

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/friedreich-ataxia

Now, On To The Story!!!

Tsubaki walked home along Watari Ryota and Miyazono Kaori when she suddenly broke into tears which made her friends worried for her

Tsubaki walked home along Watari Ryota and Miyazono Kaori when she suddenly broke into tears which made her friends worried for her. "Watari? Kaori? What is Kousei's sickness, anyway? Why does it seem to take a long time for him to get out of the hospital? He told us that he does have scoliosis before, right? But it seems it is actually more than that!"

Kaori pitied her and so, she hugged her female friend. "Friedreich's Ataxia... It's a condition that worsens over time. I have the same sickness."

The two of them stared at her worriedly and that made Tsubaki anxious. "Hey! You look healthy right now!"

"I don't know when it will make me sick again. I'm taking medicines to make the symptoms go slower," she told them.

"If both of you have the same sickness, why is his worse than yours?" Watari Ryota asked him.

"I can't say his is worse than mine. It's almost just the same thing," she informed them. The three of them stayed silent for a while until they finally walked again as the moon replace the orange sun.