Chapter One: Inherited Disease

A/n: Thank you to all those who read this!!!

Miyazono Kaori kept crying beside the white chairs of the hospital

Miyazono Kaori kept crying beside the white chairs of the hospital. Everyone tried to calm her down but no one was able to do it since she's still in shock after she witnessed Arima Kousei become unconscious right in front of her at school. Most of all, it was a shock to her when the clinic nurse informed their teachers that Arima Kousei needed to be transported immediately in the hospital since he had suddenly gone into a slight coma and his fever was very critical.

Tears kept falling down her cheeks as she wait for news after they arrived in the hospital. "Kousei! What happened to you?"

After a few minutes, his father saw her and hugged her. He looked a lot like Kousei. The only difference was that he does have a little scar on his cheek.

"You're a friend of his, am I correct?" he asked her while he was also tearing up.

Seto Hiroko stepped closer to them after she had talked to Kousei's doctor. Kaori dried her tears to face her.

"So... what did the doctor say? What's wrong with him?" Takahiko asked her. "It's making me worry all over again like so many years ago."

"They only asked me anything I could add from Kaori's statements that could have lead him to lose consciousness. He couldn't hear his own playing when he focuses on it, he wore glasses too early and he's always collapsing this past few days," she answered him. "We all thought that it's because he's stressed or he's too nervous in the upcoming recital. I didn't know there's a serious problem. I told them that your wife had Friedreich's Ataxia which caused her death. They'd tell us tomorrow about the results after they examine him today."

"He'll be fine, right?" Kaori asked. She was surprised that his mother had the same sickness as her. "Does he really have Friedreich's Ataxia? I didn't know he has an incurable disease! I shouldn't have forced him to play with me!"

"We'll tell you at school tomorrow. Just tell Watari and Tsubaki to come here tomorrow to visit," Seto Hiroko told her. She was a bit surprised to know that Kaori knew that Friedreich's Ataxia is incurable but she chose not to go deeper into it. "Don't blame yourself. You didn't do anything wrong."

Kaori nodded. "I can't help but blame myself. We'll come back tomorrow. Thank you, Seto-san."

Seto Hiroko sighed after she saw her leave. Also, she waited for her to leave first before she revealed the truth about Kousei's condition to Takahiko. She didn't mean to hide it but how can she ever tell him when he was so busy? "Kousei is positive on Friedreich's Ataxia, Takahiko. He's very sick!"

Takahiko could not believe what he heard. His eyes widened and he almost wanted to faint at that time after knowing that his son was seriously sick.