Chapter 9

~ Nico ~

As they walked to the bookstore, he saw it. The perfect gift. It was a big yellow hoodie, with the word sunshine across the front of it. It was so horribly cheesy and dorky he knew he had to buy it. He glanced at Will, he knew Will didn't need another sweater, but he didn't care. Plus, Nico told himself, he wouldn't steal it, that way he could see Will in it more often.

Will grabbed his hand and pulled him into the store next door, "You'll love this place."

After they wandered around Nico turned to his boyfriend, "Um, do you know if there's a bathroom in here?"

"Um, yeah. Probably."

Nico kissed Wills cheek, "Alright, Ill be right back."

When he walked out of the bathroom, the world tilted and he almost fell over. He managed to stand up straight and find Will. He found the son of Apollo at the counter, he was talking to the old man who owned the store. Nico couldn't help it, he took a picture. Gods Will looked good.

After a moment the son of Apollo looked up and smiled, "Hey Neeks. You ready to go?"

He managed to nod.

Will walked over to him, "You good?" He felt Nico's forehead, "You look pale."

"Yeah, I'm good." He said, brushing Wills hand away. "Just... really tired all of a sudden."

Will frowned, "You should sit down. You don't look so good."

"Rude." Nico commented, plopping into one of the comfy chairs by the window, trying to look as casual as possible. Why was shadow traveling so difficult now? He had only gone a few feet. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

Nico nodded.

Will rummaged in his pocket and brought out a square of ambrosia, "Take this."

Nico shook his head, "I don't-" He was cut off by Will pressing it to his mouth, "I hate you." He grumbled and he swallowed.

"We should go get something to eat, it's almost lunch time." Will suggested, as if nothing had happened.

"Food sounds good."

As they were leaving Nico froze, "Will." He breathed, "Look."

Will seemed completely oblivious to the incredible find, "What?"

Nico picked up the box, "We are getting that for Lyra."

"She has enough dolls, Nico."

He shot his boyfriend a look, "They aren't dolls, Solace. They're figurines. And! They're! Ultra! Rare!"

Will peered at the box, trying to figure out what was so special, "If you say so... How much is it?" Nico flipped the box over and Will groaned, "Yikes."

Nico brushed him off, "I'll get it."

"You have money?" Will joked.

"No, I'm going to get it using my incredible charm and charisma."

* * *

Nico watched Will walk over, his boyfriend set the tray down in front of him, "As requested, one happy meal with a coke."

Nico rolled his eyes, "You dont have to take care of me, I'm fine."

"It's my job." Will protested, "I'm your doctor!"

"You're impossible, that's what you are." Nico said, unwrapping his burger and taking a contented bite.

"What happened back there?" Will asked suddenly, taking a sip of the coke.