Callas shuffled through her jacket pocket, taking out her phone. When she checked the time, it was only half four. The small notification symbol on her messages showed up, she clicked the app, wondering who had texted her. She noticed that it was Reed who had sent her a text, he had sent it almost five hours ago. Her finger clicked onto the message, hoping that he wasn't worried about her, or that he had sent a string of texts to her, panicking as to why she hadn't responded. But when it opened, it was only a single text message, a simple and two sentenced message. Her heart rate managed to calm slightly, knowing that Reed wasn't worried about her for not answering.

Reed:
Hope you're doing alright, be careful when you're out running. I'll see you later on in the evening.

     She could feel eyes on her. Her head turned and she saw Embry looking at her phone. He caught her gaze and sent her a warm smile. "How's Reed?"

     "Good." She nodded. "Really good. I mean, I think so anyway."

     "I haven't really seen him around much, then again, I haven't really seen you around much. I only ever see him when he drops you off at school."

     She shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, I guess working in Forks means he's not always around as often."

     "Forks? Why is he working in Forks?"

     "He works at the Police Station," she told him. "Silas asked around some of his fishing friends and Billy said that the Chief was looking for another officer. I think he enjoys helping people out, or at least getting the bad ones off the streets, you know?"

     Paul cleared his throat. "So, he works for Bella's dad," he stated. It wasn't a question.

     "Who's Bella?" Callas tilted her head.

     "Jacob used to have a crush on her, they were friends when they were kids, but then she left. He used to go on and on about how she was his girlfriend, but when she came over he tried to convince us he said girl friend, implying we got it wrong." Paul shrugged.

     She hadn't seen her around. Maybe she walked passed her going to and from lessons, but surely Jacob would have said something and introduced them. "Does she go to our school?"

     "No." He shook his head. "She's a year older than us, and she lives out in Forks. With her husband and daughter." Callas was surprised. Not only because she was a year younger than Bella and she was already married with a child, but because of the way Paul spoke about her. His tone was very sharp, almost like it burned him to even say her name. Or at least mention her husband and child.

     "Oh," was all she could muster up.

     Embry glared at Paul, turning his attention back to Callas with a gentler look. "Bella's dad is Charlie Swan."

     "The Police Chief?"

     "The very same."

     Callas hummed, thinking it over. "Small world."

     Embry nodded. "Yeah, it is."

     Seth opened the small window from the front connecting to the back. "Jake wants to say something." He turned back around, letting Jacob yell loudly from the driver's seat:

     "I never said she was my girlfriend, Paul! You don't listen to me. I said she was my friend, I never said anything else. Stop making me seem desperate."

     "But you are, Jake," Callas mumbled to herself causing Embry to laugh loudly.

     "What? What happened?" Jacob asked from the front.