Piece By Piece

And all I remember is your back
Walking towards the airport, leaving us all in your past

(Y/N)'s pov
I watch as my mother tries to convince my father to stay. I wanted to go after him but my older sister, Avery, (:3) holds me back. By the look in her eyes, she knows how this will end. We all stand there as he enters the airport, leaving everything behind him.

I traveled fifteen hundred miles, to see you
Begged you to want me, but you didn't want to

10 years later. Still (Y/N)'s pov. Age 18.
I exit the airport and walk towards the parking lot. I walk towards a taxi and give him directions to my father's apartment. Nervously I walk to his door and knock. He opens the door moments later and looks at me confused "Who the h*ll are you?" He questions, rudely. "I-I'm your daughter. (Y/N)." I say as my voice cracks. His look turns dark. "The h*ll do you want then. I ain't giving you sh*t." I feel tears entering my eyes. "I just wanted to talk to you...Maybe catch up..?" I say in a small voice. He rolls his eyes and slams the door. The tears fell from my eyes at a rapid pace. 'I came all this way...for nothing..' I think to myself as I slowly left the building. I walk to a bench and sit down, crying into my hands. 'I just wanted him to care about me...' I hear footsteps nearby but ignored them until I heard the person say something. "Um miss? Are you alright?" I look up to see a handsome man around my age. I shrug and look down at my hands. He moves closer slowly and sits next to me. "You may not know me, but if somethings wrong I'll gladly listen"

But piece by piece
He collected me up off the ground where you abandon things
Piece by piece he filled the holes that you burned in me at six years old

We sat there a good couple of hours as I told him about why I was sitting there crying on a bench. He told me that his name is Ryan. He told me how he was in town, visiting a friend. It was getting dark and I needed to get to my hotel. He offered me a ride and I hesitantly accepted. We made small talk on the way there. Once we were in front of the hotel we exchanged numbers so that we could continue talking. I went to sleep that night with the biggest smile on my face.

He never walks away
He never asks for money
He takes care of me
He loves me

Three months later.
Ryan's and I talked every day without failure. On bad days we would Skype and mess around to make each other smile. I could never get enough of his smile. On an especially bad day, I had gotten a call from my 'father'. The only real reason he had called was because he was in debt and needed money. I refused to give him any and he had said a lot of bad things. I had Skype called Ryan right after and slowly but surely he helped me forget the awful conversation. "Hey (Y/N). Can I tell you something?" Ryan asked, nervousness clear in his voice. "Yeah. What is it Ry?" He glanced around. "I...I think I might be in love with you.." My eyes widen and I smile lightly. "I think I may love you too." I say with slight confidence. He smiles and laughs softly. "Will you be my girlfriend?" My smile widens. "Yes!"

Piece by piece, he restores my faith
That a man could be kind, and a father could stay

Two years later. You now have a YouTube channel with just over two million subscribers.
I finish my video for my two million subscriber mark and upload it. I never imagined that I would get this far. Ryan and I have moved in together about a year ago and he proposed shortly after. My 'father' had recently gotten a hold of my number and was trying to get to know me. I didn't really believe this was his intention though. Most things he said were hard to believe. He kept saying how he wanted to reconnect and how he already called Avery but she ignored all his attempts. I just hung up the phone and sat there staring at my hands.

And all of your words fall flat
I made something of myself and now you wanna come back

He called back several times but I never answered. I eventually turned it off and sat there in silence. I listened to the voice mail he left. Saying I should come up for a visit so we could go on a father-daughter vacation. I knew for a fact he couldn't pay for that though. He was once again trying to get money from me.

Cause your love, it isn't free, it has to be earned
Back then I didn't have anything you needed so I was...worthless..

He never once tried to get a hold of me when I was just starting out. I had a decent job and apartment but it just was never enough for him. I sighed and covered my face with my hands. He didn't love me...He just wanted things from me..

Piece by piece he collected me up off the ground where you abandon things
Piece by piece he filled the holes that you burned in me at six years old

Ryan came home shortly after and saw me in the couch crying. He never said a word, just sat there beside me and hugged me close. Later we talked about it and cuddled on the couch. He didn't like my father. That was plain to see, and I didn't doubt that he'd confront my father about this.

He never walks away
He never asks for money
He takes care of me, cause he loves me
Piece by piece he restores my faith
That a man could be kind and a father could stay

Piece by piece...

Nine months later. Congratulations. You're now the mother of a beautiful and healthy baby girl.

Piece by piece I fell far from the tree
I will never leave her like you left me
And she will never have to wonder her worth cause unlike you I'm gonna put her first

3rd pov
Ryan cried tears of utter joy as he held his daughter for the first time. She looked just like her mother. Absolutely perfect. He looked over at his sleeping wife. She had passed out from exhaustion not long ago. The only sounds in the room were the steady beeps of the heart monitor and the soft cooing of his precious baby girl. She looked up at his with bright (your eye color) eyes. He gently stroked the soft tufts of (light/dark) brown hair as she fell asleep in her father's arms. There was never a happier moment in Ryan's life than that very moment.

He'll never walk away
He'll never break her heart
He'll take care of things
He'll love her

2 years later. (Y/N) and Ryan are celebrating the birth of Avery and Scotty's second child. Both of the little families are in the rather large hospital room while Avery recovers.

Ryan and I walk into the maternity ward and to the front desk. "Excuse me. I'm looking for my sister. Her name is Avery ____." {I don't know 407's last name :'( I love him though lol} the lady at the desk tells us the room number and we head down the hall. Ryan picks up little (Daughter's name) [I'll let you choose :3] and kisses her cheek. She laughs and I can't help but giggle. Her laugh was so cute. We make it down there and open the knock on the door. The door opens to reveal Scotty, Avery's husband of nearly four years. He smiles and opens the door wide. "Come on in you guys. Avery's asleep at the moment but she should wake up soon." We walk in to see a little baby wrapped in a pink blanket. I see Scotty and Avery's first child, Aiden, snuggled up to his mother. He looks up at us and smiles. He waves and greets us quietly. We sit around and talk quietly. After awhile Avery wakes up and we chat a little louder as not to wake the sleepy little girl.

Piece by piece he restores my faith
That a man could be kind
And a father could stay

Ryan hugs me close and kisses my forehead. He was the perfect father and he loved our daughter so much. I could never ask for a better husband or father for our daughter. I love him and our daughter and I always will.

Piece by...piece..
Piece by....piece..

~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Long time no see lol. This is by far the longest one shot or chapter I've ever written. I hope you've enjoyed. Check out my Update and tag book if you want so you'll know if something come up but...yeah.. See you guys later! I love you guys~!
~Avery
Word count: 1510 words