Chapter 18

Im at the schools career night with Caroline, we are standing in front of the stall for Broadcast Journalism. "So this is what you want to do?" I asked Care.

"Yep." She said smiling.

"Good. I think you will do great. So you and Matt." I said wiggling my eyebrows. She laughed.

"Yeah. We've been hanging out a bit."

"I'm glad. You need someone like him."

"So what do you want to do?"

"Good question Care, good question." I said while we moved on.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

I'm walking the halls when I saw Tyler and Jeremy talking. "This is gonna be good." I said to myself. I started walking towards them. Jeremy pushed Tyler against the school lockers and started trying to hit each other . I ran over as fast as I could. "Jeremy!" Mr Saltzman got in front of me and grabbed Jeremy while Mayor Lockwood got his son. "What the hell guys!"

"All right, work it out, tough guy." I walked to Jeremy. I was about to speak when the Mayor spoke.

"You two, follow me." He took Tyler and motioned for Jer to follow in a direction.

"Excuse me, Mayor. Where are you takin' 'em?" Mr Saltzman asked.

"I'm gonna talk to 'em. All fights should end in handshakes, don't you think? Come on." He told the boys and directed them in the direction off outside the school. I looked up at Mr Saltzman.

"Thank you." I told him. "I've heard that you and Aunt Jenna have been hitting it off?" I said in more of a question.

"Ahh.. yeah we have."  He told me smiling. I nodded my head.

"You seem like a great guy. Don't mess it up." I told him and walked in the direction of where the Mayor took the boys.

I got to the back of the school and saw the boys in front of the Mayor. "I'm not gonna fight him dad." Tyler said. He seriously wants them to fight.

"I don't think so, sir." Jeremy said and walked to get passed but Mayor stood in front of him. This is one I started walking closer.

"You don't fight in there like pansies. You take it outside, fight your battles like men, and move on. Best lesson my dad taught me. So let's settle it fight." I walked up to them.

"Come on dad." Tyler said.

"It's not gonna happen."

"Mayor Lockwood." I said getting all there attention.

"Tara stay out of this." Tyler told me.

"No. You treat your son like shit. Ok? I have kept my mouth shut all my life. Not now."

"Tara Gilbert?" Lockwood said.

"Yes. Now if you wouldn't mind, I need to talk to my little brother and boyfriend." I said stepping over to them.

"Don't speak to me like that again." He started coming closer but I didn't back down. Tyler jumped in front of me but his dad pushed him into Jeremy. Making the Mayors attention turn back to them. "I said fight!" He pushed Ty again making him bump into Jeremy.

"Whoa. What's goin on out here?" I turned to see Alaric Saltzman walking to us.

"Just lettin these 2 kids work it out. We're good here. Go back inside."

"I don't wanna go back inside. What I want is an answer to my question. What's goin on out here?"

"Who do you think you're talking to? Do I look like a student?"