Zayne grinned. "It's better than New Girl, right?"

Alistair laughed. "Sometimes they say both."

"Oh," Zayne looked up at the sky. "The moon's going down. What are you doing out here anyway?"

"I was taking a walk because I just couldn't sleep. So I want to ask you a question." Alistair answered.

"Go ahead." He grinned.

"Sorry if it's a stupid question. Just keep in mind I was raised on Earth, so.... Do you do this every night?" Alistair asked.

Zayne shook his head. "Not every night. Only when the need is too great. I have a question, too. Do you go to the Academy?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" Alistair asked with a smile.

"Just a lucky guess. Do you know how to get back?" Zayne's light green eyes were wide and worried.

"Not exactly, I think I've been going in the wrong direction." Alistair bit her lip. "I've been out here for a while."

"Yeah, I don't think I can get you back before sunrise." Zayne shook his head. "Do you mind staying at the Institute?"

"Will they let me?" Alistair frowned.

"I'll sneak you into my room and take you back tomorrow." Zayne replied. "Your school is a lot less strict than mine when it comes to curfews." He held his hand out for her to take.

"Okay," Alistair took his hand and let him take her to his school.

They got into his room without drawing any attention to themselves. "Um, I don't know where you can sleep. Do you trust me?"

"Not really... Well, kind of." Ali shrugged. "I just met you."

"You've got to trust me Alistair. I promise I won't try anything." Zayne lifted his hands again.

"Okay," Ali sat on the bed. "Okay, I'll trust you, Zayne."

"Good," Zayne smiled. "So do you think you'll be able to sleep now? Or do you just want me to talk to you until you do?"

"You know, you're really nice." Alistair smiled.

"I try." Zayne grinned.

Ali laughed. "Um, if you could just talk to me, that would be kinda nice."

"Okay, you said you're from Earth. How did that happen?" Zayne looked into her eyes.

"Well, I told you I'm the last basic immortal, right?" She asked him and he nodded. "Well, my parents, Damien and Raven Powers, we're infected with the Cold and they took me to Earth and put me into an orphanage because they were dying. I stayed there for 19 years before Winston sent someone to come get me and I just now found out what I am."

"That seems like a big transition. And you much be really powerful, considering your parents." Zayne commented.

"It has been a huge change." Alistair sighed. "But I'm getting used to the power, even though I shouldn't have it. I wanted to be a psychiatrist. I wanted to study people and help them figure things out. But I can't even figure out myself anymore. I have to train at the Academy instead, which is okay, but I had everything planned, you know?"

"I do. But I learned to deal with it and if it's what you plan to do, then I know you'll be able to do it, too." Zayne smiled reassuringly.

"Thanks." Alistair blinked sleepily. "I think it worked Zayne." She closed her eyes. "Thanks." She said again.

Zayne smiled to himself as she drifted to sleep. He closed his eyes and went to sleep as well.

•••