Chapter 5: What I Didn't Say (Hailey)

Start from the beginning

"You put me on speakerphone?" Hannah yelled at me; she hates it when I put her on speakerphone without telling her.

"I'm eating." I told her after shooting a glare at my best friend. "Speakerphone is easier."

"We're turning onto the his street." She didn't sound as angry anymore.

"Okay, see you lovebirds soon." Mason ended the call and handed me my phone. "Why did you lie to her?"

"I didn't." I looked at him quizzically before putting my phone into my bag. "We were studying."

"I'm talking about why you fainted." He scooted his chair closer to me and laced out free fingers together. "I thought you told her about freshman year?"

"I was then she started going on about how her and Justin hooked up or whatever it was, and I wasn't able to find another time to bring it up." I shrugged it off and got another spoonful of ice cream.

"It's been a couple of years, Hailey." Mason started on his 'You need to tell Hannah about how you barely ate' speech.

"So why bring it up?" I looked down at my History notes from last year. "I'm eating three meals a day again with very little setbacks."

"You went over twelve hours without eating and passed out in my bedroom doorway." I could hear the frustration and anger in his voice even though they were barely there.

Thankfully there was a knock on his door; Mason shot me one last glance before going to answer the door.

I buried my face in my hands and groaned quietly. "Guess it's time to go add reminders on my phone again."

"Hailey." I heard my sister's footsteps coming towards me.

"What?" I leaned back in my seat and looked over at my sister who had taken Mason's seat on my right.

"Can't believe you saw Mason's little friend before, you know." She winked at me.

"Can't believe you decided to have your first time in the shower." I tugged on a piece of her wet hair.

"We didn't do anything." She blushed and swatted my hand away.

"Ten bucks Mason interrupted that." I said dryly as the boys came over and sat down. "Aw, you two have matching wet hair styles."

"Says the girl who fainted at the sight of a dick." Justin responded.

"She was surprised by its size." Mason shrugged and took my notes.

"Not really." I pulled the ice cream closer to me. "It's about the right proportions to your body considering you're two inches from being six feet tall."

"Oh my God." Hannah groaned and rubbed her eyes with the heels of her hands.

"Wow, Hailey." Justin started laughing. "Is that how you talk dirty?"

"Why do you care?" I asked him. "I'm not the Jacobs twin you're dating."

Mason smacked Justin's back. "It was nice knowing you."

"Why don't we head home." Hannah changed the subject and looked over at me. "Justin can drop us off."

"Hannah, Dad thinks you're asleep and is expecting Mason's shitty pickup." Mason kicked me under the table when I called his pickup shitty.

"Oh yeah." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I can give you a ride home." Mason offered. "One of you just has to sit in the middle."