Choice Notes - Chapter Fifteen

BETH'S POV

"One ticket for you, one ticket for you, and one ticket for you," Andy commentated as he gave out the tickets in the boarding queue for the next flight to France. 

I thanked him, gazing at my ticket in awe and excitement.

"Bagsy the window seat," Jack teased, squeezing my hand. I looked up at him from my ticket, too ecstatic to speak. Soon enough, it was my turn and I wandered up to the air-hostess at the counter and handed her my ticket and passport.

This woman was the stereotypical air-hostess; pretty, with dyed blonde hair, an orangey tan and perfect teeth and make-up. She shot me a practiced smile after carrying out all the usual procedures and handed my ticket and passport back to me, "Have a nice flight," she told me, slightly over-doing the enthusiasm.

I nodded, unable to control the grin etching its way across my face and made my way over to Finn who was waiting for us on the other side of the terminal. "You look like a kid who is about to go to Disneyland," he chuckled, though it was clear he was excited too.

"I can't believe how lucky I am," I sighed and watched as Jack had his passport and ticket (and him as a whole by the looks of things) checked out by the air-hostess.

"Do I have something on my face? That lady was looking at me weirdly," Jack said once the air-hostess was out of earshot.

I snorted, "Jack, my dear, I think she was trying the 'seductive pout' out on you."

"Oh... I thought she had a muscle problem in her lips or something," Jack mumbled in reply, shaking his head a little in confusion.

"Come on you lot, stop yacking," Rebecca instructed as she approached alongside Emmy Lou and Andy.

Intertwining my fingers with Jack's, we hurried down the sloping hallway which connected to the entrance of the plane where we were met by yet another air-hostess, "Welcome aboard," she said, checking our tickets once more, "Your seats are eight rows back in row H," she said sweetly, holding her arm out to gesture us on.

The six of us found our seats and settled in, Jack, Finn and I in one row of three and Andy, Rebecca and Emmy in the row next to us.

I loved where we were sat; it was right above to the wing of the plane, towards the middle, and somehow seeing the wing and the jet in the flesh made me feel safe. "I can never understand why people are scared of flying," I said to Jack, who like he said, had managed to get the window seat.

"Me neither. What's so scary about seeing the world from above the clouds?" he replied, gazing out of the oval shaped window at the seemingly never-ending runway.

I watched as the flight-attendants walked up and down the aisles to check people's seat belts before starting the regular safety and emergency procedure presentation and sighed back into my seat in contentment. I thought back to the day I had met Jack on the train and how we had slipped into this relationship so smoothly, clicked like pieces to a puzzle. If I hadn't have moved in with Jack and Finn, I reckoned things would have been different. I may have texted Jack and gone out for that coffee with him, but I doubt I would have had the pleasure of meeting the the most wonderful family in the world. We might have gone on a few dates, messed around, but a guy like Jack has loads of girls after him, and I probably wouldn't have even had a look in. 

I hoped this feeling, the one that rose from my toes and made my heart race and cheeks flush a pink shade, was what they called love. Seeing I hadn't experienced anything much of the sort before Jack came along, I had no idea, but if it was anything along these lines, it was something I didn't want to miss out on.  I don't think the word 'lucky' could quite cover what I was right now, but something similar would do me fine.