"If he takes over in his form it's a nightmare, so he usually just takes over my body form and drinks in his own when we're in the shade or at night. Odion probably needs a run too..." He stretched.

"I haven't shifted in like a week," Adeline admitted and she sighed.

"Do you want to go together now? We'll hunt something and then I can let Lucius drink for a while before it gets too sunny?" He suggested and she nods hesitantly.

"I'll have to ask Brody to come with us, just in case Lucius decides to take out something other than a wild animal." He explains and Adeline nods.

"We can shower and get ready when we come back, I guess." He stretches a little, swinging his legs out of bed.

Rylan's top is still halfway up his back and Adeline reaches over, touching a path of skin very lightly.

He takes in a sharp breath and flinches away from her touch. "Sorry, a warning would have been nice." He says taking a deep breath.

"Sorry." She takes her hand away, feeling guilty, but instead, he reaches to the back of his neck and pulls his t-shirt up and over his head.

"You're going to see it all soon enough. I might as well show you now." He says nervously, not turning around. He hated his scars so much, he hated his body, and as much as he didn't want anyone to see it, he needed someone to support him. His breathing increased and he pinched his fingers.

"Are you sure?" She asks, sitting up. He nods.

"Please don't touch..."

"Of course." She says, happy he's opening up.

Adeline feels slightly shocked at the number of scars, bruises, and marks, but reminds herself that these took 16 years to be made. She looks over a few spots on his back. How on earth did he survive?

"Do you want me to turn around?" He asked, turning his head.

"Only if you're comfortable with it." She tells him and he took a deep breath to prepare himself.

He stands up and turns around slowly, clearly hiding his wrists more than his chest. He tried to look at Adeline's facial expressions of seeing how she's reacting to it, but she stays calm and comforts him, as he sits in front of her crossed leg.

"You're beautiful..." She mumbled. He shook his head.

"Let's go for a run, shall we?" She suggested and he nodded, quickly slipping a shirt back on, hoping she wasn't offended.

She began to get up, but he reached for her waist, pulling her back, so they were facing each other, kneeling on the bed face to face.

He smiled and she looked confused.

"I wanted to see me so that I can be comfortable not wearing a shirt around you... You don't mind if I don't know? When we're alone...?" He asked and she smiled, nodding at him.

She moved her hands up to his neck and his hands trailed down to her waist.

"Stubble," Adeline mumbled, tracing the edge of his jaw with her fingertips, noticing the small scars that were un-noticeable from afar on his neck and face.

"Do you approve?"

"Yes." She said quickly and he grinned slightly.

"I think we should go and let Lucius feed." He said, visibly swallowing. She smelt good, and he could feel Lucius emerging. He didn't want to hurt her.

"Okay." She backed away, not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

He caught up with her running down the corridor and taking her hand.

She turned around. "I'm going to change into something I can put back on afterward." She told him and he nodded, turning to walk down the stairs.

His mother and father were in the kitchen, cooking and talking.

"Morning," Rylan said walking into the kitchen. "He grabbed a piece of fruit from the bowl.

"Morning, sweetie. Would you like breakfast...?" His mother asked.

"We're going to go for a run first and I need to let Lucius feed... I think he's taken a shine to Adeline." He mumbled and his father smiled.

"You haven't fed from her have you?" Susan looked horrified.

"No. Of course not, she's just... never mind." Rylan paused. "I'm not going to hurt her mum, I promise."

"I should hope not young man, you'll have me to answer too."

"Ready?" Adeline came down the stairs and Rylan nodded, Brody joined them outside.