chapter forty-one

Start from the beginning

"Yeah.." Once he was done, he pulled his laptop to him and started to type away. "What are you up to?" I ask.

"Looking for a job," he said, barely speaking the words. I frowned. He was going to start so soon, just so we could live together? Wow. I cant believe he's doing this for us.

I pushed the laptop away from him and kissed him. "Thank you," I mumbled against his lips.

"Always Lani-bear," he puts a hand on my belly and rubs it, then kisses me softly. I smile when we pull apart, my eyes flicking between his. He smiles and kisses my shoulder.

"I can't believe you are doing this for us," I whispered, kissing every inch of his face.

"I want us to be together like a real family Lani-bear, even if we are still young."

I felt tears blur my vision. "I love you," I told him, kissing him with everything I felt.

"I love you too Lani-bear." He kisses me back and wipes my tears away. "Why are you crying?"

"Because you are doing this for us," I told him, feeling more tears fall down my cheeks. "It means so much."

He wipes away more tears and kisses me softly. "I want to do this, I know you said you wanted us to be together like a real family and that's exactly what we're going to do."

I leant my forehead against him. "Thank you, so much, Owen."

"You dont have to thank me Lani-bear."

"I should," I told him. "You are doing so much for me and our baby, that is beyond me thanking you once."

"You really dont have to."

"I want to," I murmured, shifting on his lap so I could kiss him full on.

"And I want to do this for the three of us." he says kisses me.

"Me, you and our baby girl," I murmured. "Living together.." I bit my lip and more tears sprung to my eyes.

He kisses my tears away. "Dont cry Lani-bear."

"I can't help it," I said, a small hiccup breaking my sentence. "You are doing all of this for me, for us."

He rubs my back, "I want to do this."

"I know, that's what's making me cry. How committed you are to this," I sobbed. I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. He wraps his arms around me, holding me against him. After a few minutes, I pulled away and kissed his cheek.

He smiles. "You okay?"

I nodded and smiled. "Sorry about that."

"Its okay." he kisses my nose.

I sighed with a smile still on my face. "What do you want to do today?"

"Hm, I dont know. Anything that you want to do?" I bit my lip. I wanted to go on a date. Yeah, we were a backwards couple but I still wanted to go somewhere.

"What's on your mind Lani-bear?" I felt my cheeks heat up. I could ask him on a date, could I? There's nothing wrong me asking him.

"Do you want to, you know, go out?" I asked him quietly.

He grins. "What did you have in mind?"

"Maybe.. A movie and dinner?" I asked, biting my lip. I hope he knew I was asking him on a date, not just going out as friends.

"Great." he smiles.

"I guess I'll go home and get changed then," I smiled and kissed him.

"Lani-bear, your parents..." he reminds me. I frowned. I wanted to look nice for Owen tonight, I wanted to dress in something nice, not the same t-shirt and jeans he always sees me in. "I'll take you." he tells me.