chapter sixty

Owen

Later that night, I was sat in the kitchen with Lani's mum, talking to her while she cooked dinner for the family.

The twins are asleep after eating and being changed

"Are you staying for dinner?" She asked me.

"Sure." I say and I hear sounds from the baby monitor. "They're up."

"I'll deal with them," she told me. "You rest." I smiled at her gratefully as she walked pass. I lay my hand down on the counter. Before they went to sleep they threw a fit and it took me forever to get them to sleep. On top of that, I haven't even seen Lani for hours.

"We need to talk," I heard softly from behind me.

I turn around. Lani. "Yeah," I say. "We really do."

She sat down opposite me. "About our engagement..."

"Okay, what is it?" I asked her, my heart tugging.

"Its too much."

"What do you mean?" I ask. She sighed and slid the ring across the table. "You want to break up," I said. I didn't ask, I knew. She nods. I took the ring and stood up. "Why?" I asked. If Elliott or her dad was involved in this decision, I didn't know what I would do.

"I just can't Owen. I can't do this."

"Why Lani?" I ask again, softly.

She shook her head and closed her eyes. "Tell me why," I repeated, leaning against the counter and looking at her. "Please Lani." I beg her.

"Owen its too much I can't handle it all."

I frowned. "So you want to break up with me because it's tough? Lani, that's life. I'm sorry if I'm the one telling you this right now, but life is hard, otherwise it would be pointless."

"Owen..."

I slowly backed away. "Does that mean the twins are too much for you as well? Since you found it easy to ignore them when they were crying."

"Yes." She says quietly. I felt like my heart stopped. Was she pushing us away? What did she want me to do? Take the twins with me?

"What do you want me you want me to do Lani?"

She sighed. "I don't know."

"It sounds like you want me to leave, and possibly take the twins," I told her.

"I think that would be best."

I backed away and shook my head. "Okay, fine. I guess I'll go back some stuff for them." I walk up to her room where her mum is. "Can you help me pack?" I asked her quietly. She frowned as she looked up me.

"Sure, Owen." She grabs two bags and packs things for me.

I picked up Matt and put him in a carrier then done the same for Nicole. "You're going to see where daddy lives," I told them softly. She carries the bags and the pack And play crib downstairs while I carry the twins. Lani was stood in the doorway of the kitchen, watching us, but she made no move to come over. I frowned and looked away from the girl I loved.

Her mum helps me carry everything out to my car. She buckles them up while I put the bags in my trunk.

She runs inside and comes out with a bag of bottled and formula and everything. She kisses my cheek. "Dont worry Owen."

"I'll try not to." I get in my car and drive home.

It was over. 

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There is a sequel!

here is the link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/1078327-our-last-secret

it is also in the external link