chapter thirty-five

We make love for a very long time. Owen kissed me softly as he laid by my side. I curl into his side. He kissed my forehead and buried his face in my neck. He wraps an arm around me holding me close.

"I hope your parents don't come home any time soon," Owen murmured. "I like laying like this."

"Even if they do, I'm not moving."

"So, if your mum walked in right now, you wouldn't care about your nakedness?" I could practically feel his eyebrow raising. I grab the covers and pull them over us. "Mm, that's better," he said softly, smiling. I giggle and rub my belly. I felt Owen's hand close over mine. I smile.

"Not long until our beautiful baby girl will be with us," he murmured against my cheek. I beam. I cant wait to hold my baby girl in my arms. "Have you thought about names?" He asked after a few minutes.

"A little bit." I say. "Have you?"

"I've thought of a few names. What have you come up with?"

"Alyssa, Laney, Ever, Ream, Nicole - but Nikki for short." I tell him. "What have you come up with?"

"Alice, Avery, Elisa and Elizabeth," he told me, a smile on his face.

"Cute," I smile.

"How will we narrow it down?" He chuckled.

"How about, Nicole Elizabeth Jennings."

A small smile made it's way onto his face. "What about your second name?"

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"You didn't say your name on the end," he told me.

"My last name? I know."

"Why not?" He shifted so he was leaning on his elbow and looking at me.

"I'm not sure if I want to add my name."

"Why wouldn't you want to?" He frowned. "You want the baby to have just my name?"

"I think so. Its our baby but that doesn’t mean that she has to my last name too." I say. "If I add my last name her name will be: Nicole Elizabeth James-Jennings. It sounds a little odd I guess.

He kissed my neck. "It doesn't matter what it sounds like, if you want her to have your second name, Lani-bear, she can have it."

"I dont know if I want her to have it though."

"Why don't you know?" He cocked his head to the side and gave me an adorable confused expression.

"I have no idea."

He pursed his lips and laid his head back on the pillow. "The baby will have just my name," he repeated.

"Is that okay?" I ask him.

A smile stretched across his face. "Yeah, obviously. It's great!" He kissed my temple. I beam. Hearing that makes me really happy.

He pulled me to him. "I can't wait for our baby to be born," he murmured quietly.

"Me either." I lean into him.

He sighed and kissed my head. "I should probably feed you something."

"I am hungry.."

"Come on then," he said, sitting up. I couldn't help but trail my eyes down his chest as the cover fell off of him. I get up and pull some clothes on. He pulled on his boxers and followed me down the stairs, I raised my eyebrow at his clothing but said nothing.

"What do you want Lani-bear?"

"Something edible," I told him, grinning.

"I know that, silly."