chapter thirty-four

Start from the beginning

"Thanks." I smile. He returned my smile and stroked his finger along my cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." I meet his gaze and kiss him. He kisses me back softly. His hand cupped my cheek and the other pulled me closer against him. I lean into him. He kissed along my jaw and down my neck when I pulled away from him for air. I feel his hand on my belly. I smile and duck my head. My heart was beating faster, I knew I loved him, with all my heart. He rubs my belly, and I know he is smiling. I could feel his breath on my forehead, causing me to raise my head and be instantly kissed by him. I smile against his lips. He sighed and rested his forehead against mine. His eyes flicked between mine.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," he smiled. "I'm just thinking." I nod. "I love you," he murmured. "I feel like I'm telling you that a lot."

"I love you too."

He sighed. "I suppose we better get up, otherwise I'll keep you in this bed all day." I giggle. He grinned. "Unless you would like to stay in bed all day with me?"

"I would, but my mom keeps telling me I'm eating her out of house and home." I laugh. "Nice way to call me fat."

He pressed his lips into a thin line but he burst out laughing. "Okay. We'll go out."

"Yay." I smile.

He grinned and kissed me before sitting up. "You going in your PJ's then?" I stick my tongue out at him and get up. I grab some jeans - that fit my big belly and pull them on. Owen watched me silently then smiled when I turned around to look at him. "What food are you craving today?" He asked, standing up.

"Apples and peanut butter."

"Together?" He raised his eyebrow and scrunched up his nose.

"Yup." I smile.

"I suppose I can try it," he said, giving me a small smile. I felt my heart swell, he was going to try something just because I liked it?

"Yay." I smile.

He chuckled. "Come on then. Don't want it to be too busy in there."

I pull off my shirt and change into a different one I look out my window. "Owen. Snow." I love snow. Its always been my favorite thing about winter.

"What?" He followed my gaze and his face lit up. "Its finally started snowing."

“Yeah." I beam.

He shook his head as he met my gaze. "You can't play in the snow like you want to, Lani-bear. You could get a cold."

I frown. "But I want to." I've always played on the snow, no matter what.

"But Lani-bear, what about the baby? If you get ill.." He frowned. "I hate having to stop you from having fun but I don't want either of you to get hurt."

"I'll talk to the doctor, okay?"

He sighed and nodded. "Okay, sure."

"What's the harm it could really do?"

He gave me an amused look. "You haven't read my mums baby book yet, have you?"

"Nope. You haven't gave it to me."

He cocked his head to the side. "I left it at yours for you to read last weekend." He chuckled. "Trust you to forget." He kissed my forehead and got some jeans out.

I look around my room and see it on my dresser. “Oops." I giggle.

"Right. Let's go get you some apples and peanut butter," he said, lifting his shirt over his head.