TWENTY-TWO

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - T W O;

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O;

The Wizarding World never felt so quiet. Hermione Granger could only blame what had happened years ago for it, fear had driven everyone to live a simple muggle life.

Professor McGonagoll had told Hermione a while back about how quiet school was that students were dropping out like flies.

Students weren't responding to their acceptance letters, muggle-borns seemed to be the few who would accept, only to drop out a month or so later. Pure-bloods, who wanted to keep their family running continued to attend. For now, they needed to hope that people became less afraid of the situation and the disaster that graced Britain years ago.

Hermione Granger was positive that she would have her students attend. She knew that most of her friends were the same.

The British Wizarding World could die in the blink of an eye at this rate, the attendance at Hogwarts was closing to 0%. After all that she, Harry and Ron had fought for, tried to preserve, it was dying.

When Hermione received her Hogwarts Acceptance Letter saying she was a witch she believed it was just an epiphany. All throughout her life odd and seemingly peculiar things would happen, it would occur and Hermione would be left with no explanation nor idea as to how it happened.

What would Hermione Granger do if she wasn't a witch, she had no clue, but she knew for certain it would never be as amazing as what it had been.

Magic was now her only explanation for odd occurrences. Now that was a bad thing, even wizards and witches didn't want to tell their children of their gifts. They would tell poor Professor McGonagoll that their children will never step foot in the magical world and that was it.

In a few weeks, the remaining community would celebrate the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. She feared to imagine how many would turn up for the event. She wished she could persuade those who left. But words could no longer bring them back.

She hoped that her friends would at least be there, it would make her happy at least.

Every year fewer people turned up for the Gala. It was meant to be a joyous occasion until someone mentioned the 'brilliant' turn-out of guests.

She wondered if Draco would attend. Knowing him though he wouldn't attend, he hasn't ever attended before, why would this year be the one to attend? She secretly wished she had someone to go with. It was always her and Ron. Now it would be far too awkward to even initiate a conversation.

Maybe this year she wouldn't attend, or she would sulk at the buffet table with no-one to talk to. Then she had a brilliant idea.

Viktor Krum.

A U T H O R S' N O T E;

Hey, everyone!!

Thank you for all the support I've been getting on my books, this past year that I've been on Wattpad. Recently, I've been considering writing a new book up on here for you all to read. So I was wondering if you could all fill out a survey on your thoughts so I can write a book you will enjoy. The link is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2PXRQ7R Please take a minute or so to fill it out and sooner or later you will have another book to add to your library.

Thank you!!