ONE

♡♡♡

A M O R T E N T I A

❝ In Latin, the word ❛amor❜ means love. The other word ❛tentia❜ means power. Put the two and you have ❛Amortentia❜, the most powerful love potion in the entire wizarding world.❞

♡♡♡

C H A P T E R    O N E

  ♡♡♡  

Pansy Parkinson tapped her fingers on the table impatiently. "I've canceled a date with Blaise to talk to you Draco. I need you to talk." Malfoy didn't listen, instead he gulped down another large glass of fire whiskey. At the slam of Draco's glass, Pansy bit her lip and snatched the nasty concoction out of his grasp.

It was one of those times that Pansy wished she had thought before she acted, Draco was not going to oblige to any of her commands, at least not without a little bit of blackmail and bribery. The Muggle bar they were situated in was still bubbling with activity even in the middle of the day, it seemed as those muggles had far more problems than they did.

Pansy watched how Draco's reaction as he realised that Pansy was still sitting right in front of him, his eyes widened slowly, as in to grasp the surroundings for a mere second before closing them again once more. Pansy sighed heavily, 'When will he understand that I'm just trying to help?'

"Give it back Pansy." He slurred, the kick of alcohol finally kicking in. His eyes were far from the present moment, his eyes swirling everywhere, trying to comprehend what was happening until they closed from exhaustion. She swore a tiny voice inside of Draco was screaming, seeking refugee and canopy from the monster Malfoy had become. Pansy sighed at the monstrous sight that lay before her, resting her elbows on the table she leaned forward, pressing her face to examine her friend closely.

Once the man's eyes had opened a shock shiver down his spine. "I said give it back, Pansy," Draco mumbled inaudibly.

"He speaks," Pansy replied sarcastically, acting quickly she decided to pour the bottle's contents out of the window. Draco bounced out of his seat and snatched the bottle out of her hands; tipping it upside down his glass at the end, a single drop was the only thing that came out. She grinned as the bottle smashed on the floor. Draco looked at Pansy sternly, his expression sour. It seemed that Draco was slowly coming to his senses.

"I'm here to help you Draco. There's no point for you to get drunk." She explains, shoving her friend back into his seat.

It was three years since the Battle Of Hogwarts, three years since Lord Voldemort was destroyed. Mentally Draco hadn't been doing well, for the first couple of months Narcissa told her that Draco was suffering from nightmares constantly. She worried for her friend, slowly but surely the issue resolved itself.

However, when his father died while serving his sentence in Azkaban, the storm of press and the news paparazzi caused Draco to hide in Malfoy Manor. Visiting him would be useless as he would have hidden in a cabinet of some sort like he was playing a game of hide-and-seek. This stage lasted for only a week or so, only until the media had settled down from the news.

Just last week she along with most of Draco's friends and family attended his mother's funeral. The woman was murdered out of the blue, this was the most emotionally tolling thing for Draco. Out of sympathy and pity, she and many of his old classmates held a small funeral in the countryside.

It definitely wasn't much and definitely not something that would have been worthy for such a noble and fair woman, but nonetheless, Draco was glad his friends were okay with acting as pillars for a little while to come. Even six months or so after the series of incidents Draco has never fully recovered. But who could blame him? Even so, people were still recovering from the Battle of Hogwarts, and who it destroyed everything so quickly, how people were all fending for themselves.

As for Draco, he loved his mother, more than anyone could ever understand, if one thing was for certain, it would be that he doesn't like to move on. He was fine doing it to his late father. But there was something that triggered a part of his heart. There was no letting go.

She used to gush over Draco, they were an item that seemed to keep riding an insane rollercoaster. Pansy dropped it, she knew there was no point. He didn't love her the way she used to. But now she was smarter, the pug face she used to have was now rather decent. Pretty. She was in a relationship with Blaise Zabini and she couldn't love life more. But she would always look after Malfoy, she knew that he needed his friends the most. Even though he seemed not to think the same way.

"Leave me alone to die Pansy." Draco slurred once again. Holding his head in his hands and shaking his head furiously. She grabbed his hand and held it in her hands. Holding it softly and whispering, "I'm never going to leave you. We are going to be with you forever Draco. Please." He gave a glare at Pansy as she smirked. Even drunk, Draco Malfoy still had some form of thought. Draco continued to look down at his cold palms.

"I can't stop thinking about her Pansy." She nodded her head in understanding. Her parents were now living in America. They didn't care in the slightest about her life. She didn't even get a letter of congratulations when she got engaged. But Narcissa Malfoy was something else. She was a lovely lady and cared about Draco with all her heart. She knew the lengths she went to to make her son happy. She knew about how Narcissa would sneak Muggle toys into Draco's nursery so that he had something to entertain himself. Pansy always envied Draco, she wished he knew how lucky he was, how lucky he still is.

"She wouldn't want you sulking like a baby. You're running a billion galleon empire Draco. You've got to pick yourself up." A look of understanding and maybe annoyance graced his pale face. She smiled in triumph and scuffed up his hair. He grabbed her hand.

"I still am not going to change that easily Pansy. Better think of something." Pansy scoffed in response and replied to Malfoy once she was halfway through the door. Poking her head out and smirking.

"Draco, I'll make you the happiest man alive yet!" Draco really couldn't bring himself to think that. However, he had no idea for what Pansy had in store.

"Still the idiot she was." He muttered under his breath as he was left yet again in the Leaky Cauldron in the mid hours of the day.

Pansy walked into the little dark alleyway just behind the Leaky Cauldron and drew out a little vial. A pearly white mist was floating through the concoction.

Being the owner of a potions shop, Pansy had an endless supply of odd, strange and nasty concoctions. However, after retaking Potions Pansy found herself with an ability she never thought possible, one that could manipulate and enhance potions.

The gift was something she never really wanted to tell people, to be honest, she thought it would frighten people away, however, every now and then these potions actually helped many people. Maybe her enhanced Amortentia could bring a miracle to Draco...

In this case... the consumer's soulmate will appear to them in their subconscious and guide them to their fate. In Pansy's opinion, that was just better than mere guesswork.

"An idiot ah Malfoy? Well, let's find your soulmate. She'll tell you are smart... Hopefully... Good luck Draco." Pansy waved her wand and changed her appearance, changing her dark hair into a red, her eyes into a bright blue. Last of all with another wave of her wand Pansy changed the pitch of her voice slightly.

Draco would still never fully forgive Pansy for the way she clung to him during Hogwarts, and not in his dying moment ever take a potion that she puts into his drink. Disguising herself was the only way to get out of a sticky situation.

Pansy snuck in from the back and glanced down at Draco who was still in a booth. Pansy scanned her head for ideas when she saw a bottle of firewhiskey going to his table.

Perfect...

Pansy quickly unscrewed the bottle and dumped the amortentia into the glass. Madness was just waiting to happen... She could feel it...

All she had to do now was wait...