four | Edward Cullen

Start from the beginning

He conversed with the other person a little more as I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot, waiting patiently.

"Fucken hell," he cursed as I slightly flinched in surprise. "It's always fucking her. Text me where she is and I'll pick her up. Holy fuck." And with that, he immediately hung up.

He was about to open his mouth to say something to me when his phone buzzed with a new message. He rolled his eyes and looked down at the phone before muttering a few more profanities.

"Go," I said, shrugging just as he opened his mouth. "It's obviously urgent."

He raised an eyebrow. "You won't beg me to stay?"

I laughed humourlessly. "Why would I do that? You're an idiot."

He smirked. "See you later, Aurora."

"Call me Aurora one more time and I'll make sure you won't be able to make babies."

He scoffed before running off into the same direction that we had just walked from as I watched him disappear out of my sight.

I sighed and rubbed my temples, turning on my heel as I noticed a group of men in the corner of my eyes checking me out. I plastered on a grin and flipped my hair behind my shoulder, winking in their direction before strutting away.

I was walking around the mall, attracting too many attention as I rubbed my temples again before deciding I was going to head home. As I spun on my heel, I looked up and my jaw immediately unhinged.

I was staring at my sister, little sister who was dressed in a sky blue mini skirt and a cropped baby pink hoodie with a pair of white sneakers. My eyebrows narrowed in on the guy she had her arm hooked with before I felt my fists clench when the guy placed a hand on her ass.

Her ass.

I didn't despise my little sister nor did I like her. I'll admit, she was always there for at my lowest days and even though she kept coming back after I pushed her away multiple times, I secretly appreciated it. We were bonded by blood anyway.

So yes in a way, I was a little bit over protective over her.

Straightening my back, I plastered on a strained smile before strutting towards the pair who looked like they were deep in conversation because when I stepped beside Dakota, she didn't even realise it was me.

"Dakota," I said sweetly as I watched her flinch in the corner of my eyes, her blue eyes widening in shock, the sound of my voice processing inside her head. "Such a lovely day, am I right?"

I snapped my head to see her fumbling with her words as we finally halted in our steps. The guy was tall, towering the both of us as his brown eyes roamed around my finger, an emotion I knew all too well glinting in his eyes. Lust.

"Au-Aurora, I didn't expect you to be here," she whispered, scratching the back of her neck as she avoided eye contact. "I thought you would be hanging out with your friends."

I shrugged. "They bailed. So, what are you doing here, sister?"

"You're related to her?!" the guy questioned, stunned as his eyes remained on my figure.

Dakota frowned before nodding. "Yes, why?"

He scoffed, shaking his head in amusement as he took a step closer to me. "She's fucking hot. I'd bang her on the spot."

Dakota gasped as anger bubbled within the pits of my stomach and before I knew it, I clenched my fists and pounded it against his nose. I heard a satisfying crunch as he collapsed to the ground, eyes widened with fear.