Chapter 6

Raine's POV

"Here you are !!"he said.

He placed two plates. He wore his t-shirt as soon as he saw me. I don't want to gawk at his shirless body too.

"Fried chicken with macaroni and cheese ." He beamed.

"You aren't vegetarian right?  " he asked.

I shake my head in a no.

"Come, sit. I'll get some water." He said.

I sat down on the chair. I looked at the food. It looked really tasty but I don't know why I don't feel like eating. But I just don't want to refuse the hardwork of Xavier. He came up with a glass jar of water and two glasses. He filled up both the glasses.

"I hope you'll like it." He smiled.

Nick once had cooked me pasta. He burnt all the food. I still remember how persistent he was on making me eat. When he tasted it, he threw all the food and we ended up ordering pizza. He never dared to enter the kitchen later. I was always the one to cook and make him eat. Steak was his favorite. I made him many times and he always said I was his favourite cook. I wonder if he remembers these.

"Claire !!! Did you hear what I had said ?" He asked.

Arghhh !! I am spacing out again.

"Umm Sorry, I didn't hear what you've said." I replied.

"You need to eat. Your plate is not even touched yet. Don't you like it ?" He furrowed the brows.

I was just playing with my fork. Then I started eating so that he wouldn't feel bad.

After he cleaned the counter, he came towards me.

"Goodnight " he smiled.

"Goodnight" I said. I didn't even bother to smile at him.

I walked towards the room that I'll consider mine for tonight. I lay on the comfortable bed and stared at the ceiling. It was no longer helping me sleep.

Raine, we were never a thing.

Those words were screaming into my ears. I roll over to the other side so that I could get some peace. But the fact is everytime I closed my eyes I just saw Nick and the blonde smiling and cuddling.

You being a nerd never give me to touch you. After these long years of dating you don't allow me to touch you. So what if I do with others. You are just fucking jealous and so selfish that you want to keep me for yourself. Such a selfish bitch you are.

I am still crying. I don't seem to stop my tears. How could he not understand me ? Why ? Am I selfish much ?

***

I feel a warm hand brushing over my face. It was tucking my hair and I finally open my eyes. It is Xavier. I am sweating profusely.

"Are you fine ?  You were screaming in your dreams. You probably had a nightmare." He said.

I wiped the tears and sweat in my face. I still see Nick cuddling with that girl. You being a nerd never give me to touch you. I don't know what I am feeling right now.

"Water? " he asked .

I nodded.

He handed me a glass of water and I drank all of it.

"Want to talk about it ? "He asked.

I shook my head in a no.

"Alright, I am sleeping on the couch outside. Good night and call me if you want anything okay ?" I can see his caring eyes. Why are you helping me ?

I nodded. I don't want to speak. He made me lay on the bed turned off the lights and went out of the room.