Chapter 4

Xavier's POV

Damn what is with this weather now ? I hate driving in rain. I hope it stops soon. I took a sip from my coffee. At least this is the only thing I need now. First I am on my lala land with the imaginary girl . I guess Nick said his girlfriend will be here next week. Okay at least I'll have something to do. 

I scroll through my phone to look at the weather forecast about this rain thing. And damn it said it will rain overnight. That means I need to leave soon even though its raining.

I put my phone inside my pocket, I see a girl probably 19 year  entering the café. She is wearing blue dress which is all drenched. She is carrying her bag on one shoulder and suitcase on the other.
She had dark long hair but is in dishelved mass.

She is wearing glasses which perfectly fitted in her square face. I couldn't see her eyes may be because the glass is covered with water. She then sat on the table next to window. I can see her clearly from my side of the table. She has a very sharp jawline which intensified her face. Damn she is beautiful but she looked like a storm. Wait.. did I just say that ? But yeah,

She was the most beautiful storm I've ever seen.

She drank her coffee. But she didn't wipe her glasses. Damn, I need to look her eyes. Finally she take her glasses off and search for the tissue to wipe it. She couldn't find anything.

I got off from my seat and I don't know what pulled me towards her and I hand her the paper towel.

"Here.." I said.

She looked straight into my eyes. She has brown eyes and those look so sad. She has tears brimming over her eyes. I studied her for sometime. She hesitantly took the paper towel and dried her glasses. She said nothing.I offered her one more paper towel.

"Here..."

She looked at me in confusion.

"Why's this for ?" She finally spoke. Her voice was cracked . May be due to crying.

"To wipe your eyes. I think they're overflowing... And you're welcome ." I looked straight at her and smirked.

"Thanks." She said and looked out of the window.

"Can I take a seat if you don't mind ?" I asked hesitantly, scared that she would deny.

She just nodded.

"Are you new here ? Where are you from ?" I started the conversation

"Yeah, I'm from London. But I'm no longer staying here." She answered blankly. Her face is so sad yet so pretty . I wonder how would she look when she smiles.

And did she say London ? Damn, I am from London too.

"Really ? I am from London too . Where do you stay there? " I asked excitedly.

"That's none of your concern Mister whatever."she snapped.

Damn She is feisty.

"Xavier... Xavier Scott." I introduced offering my hand.

She looked at me confusingly. Then she finally took my hands. What does she use ? Johnson's baby? Her hands are so soft.

"Claire." She said.

Claire, I've never felt a word so catchy  yet so elegant like her face. I realise she was totally drenched and may be feeling cold too.
I took my blazer out and offered to her. Being a gentleman, you know. Isn't this what a gentleman do?

"No thanks. I don't accept from strangers." She said blankly.

"That means you really are friend with cold, aren't you ?" I asked.

"What do you mean ? "She furrowed her brows.

"See, You are drenched. You aren't willing to accept the blazer and you will obviously be cold, have a headache, or a fever or coughing and sneezing. They're pretty awesome right ? "I joked.

She took and wore it. Okay at least she didn't deny.

"Its pretty dark and its raining. Where are you staying tonight? " I asked.

"What the hell ? Listen Mr.Scott I am not that kind of girl if you're thinking. And how dare you ask about where I am staying tonight. It's none of your concern right ? So get the hell out of here." She looked furious.

"Hey, I am sorry. I didn't mean like that. I am sorry if you felt like that. I was just concerned because its late and you don't seem to have a place to stay. That's why." I defended myself. Yeah I didn't mean to make her uncomfortable for some reason.

"Oh!! I ... I am sorry for snapping at you. I actually don't know why I am here. Now I want to go home and its late and raining and...." she started blabbering.
Damn she is so cute.

"Its okay. You can stay at my place if you want. You are safe don't worry. You can trust me. I am from London too. "I said.

"No, its okay.  But will you drop me at any hotel around ? " she asked .

"Its actually okay if you stay at my place. I am not going to eat you up okay ? And hotels around here are not so... safe." I said so that she could agree me.

She looked in dilemma. For some unknown reason, I wanted to just look at her. She wasn't like other girls who threw themselves at me. Her eyes look so innocent and sad.

"I don't know if I can trust a stranger." She sighed.

Her doubt is obvious but for some reason I want her to believe me.

"Trust me I won't hurt you. My place is near and you can book your plane tickets there." I looked at her expecting an answer.

"Okay." She said.