Chapter 10: Consuming Darkness

+++o+++ +++o+++

Chapter Disclaimers:

This chapter includes mature adult themes. Topics include depression, suicide, as well as adult consensual sexual situations.

At the start and end of the adult sexual situation I will use this symbol:   ++/XO/++

+++o+++ +++o+++

Chapter 10: Consuming Darkness

^^ Three weeks since Tris Returned ^^

*Tris POV*

Suddenly I am standing face to face with none other than Christina.

Her eyes widen at seeing me. The image of her standing in front of Tobias as she danced sensually flashes through my mind. I need to get the hell out of this bathroom, the hell away from her.

"Excuse me," I whisper as I walk around her and the three girls that are with her and run out of the restroom back into the large hallway. I breathe a sigh of relief when I am away from her. It was stifling to be in the same space as her. Her great, vivacious energy was smothering me alive.

I begin walking towards my apartment.

"Hold on, Tris! We need to talk!" her shrill voice calls out behind me. I walk faster. I have nothing to say to her, and there is nothing I want to hear her say.

Suddenly her hand is on my shoulder as she spins me around to face her, "Damn it, Tris. I know you heard me!" she yells.

I immediately notice that she staggered unsteadily until she was able to use my shoulder to redeem her balance and stand tall. Running after me seems to have affected her, it dawns on me that she is really drunk. Great. This should be a wonderful conversation.

"Why are you running away? I guess some things never change, you can't handle an adult conversation. So much easier to run and hide from your problems," she huffs.

"Leave me alone, Christina. I have nothing to say to you." I attempt to walk away but her hand is back on my shoulder. I know if I shove her, she will end on the floor in her current state. I can just imagine the chatter, that I attacked her in a jealous rage after her Tobias-sex-dance.

Chris's lips purse like she's been chewing a lemon rind, "Good. Then you can shut up and listen. You are no longer what is best for Tobias, I am the one that makes him happy."

Chris frowns at me, "I know you saw how happy we both were in the transport bay. You saw how we kissed, and the passion we have. With me Tobias has become more comfortable showing affection in public."

She smiles at me as though I was just some pathetic part of his past. She may have him now, but I will not allow her to belittle what we had. Not to mention my memory is fresh since to me it was just weeks ago.

"At least get your facts straight, Christina. Yes, Tobias and I were both from Abnegation and we took our time becoming physical. But you were not the one to get him comfortable with kissing in public!" I take a breath to steady myself, I am practically shaking with anger, "Think back, the morning I 'died' you were with us in the training room teaching Caleb to shoot. Tobias and I were in love, and happy and we had no problems kissing in front of your face and everyone else. We helped each other to grow in regards to intimacy. I can't even remember what, but you made a snarky comment about how we were making out in front of everyone - I remember because at that moment Tobias smiled and deepened our kiss. That's how little he cared about you when I was in the picture."