Chapter 5 (Dumb Demon!)

I leaned in close, my eyes shining red and my fangs exposed, but before I could bite down he said "a vampire huh," his voice held no fear.

I stopped and pulled back my eyes still shining red. I smiled "that's right I'm surprised you didn't shake in terror, that's usually what happens," I sit back down on my chair my eyes turning there normal (E/C) color.

"Well that's because I'm not surprised," he then turned to Sebastian "Sebastian why didn't you tell me there where creatures such as vampires?"

"well master that's because I didn't know vampires existed, I heard that they were extinguished many centuries ago, but I thought it was only a folktale told by humans."

I walked up to Sebastian "that's because you right, I'm the last one of my kind, or at least I think I am," I put my hand to his neck feeling his pulse. He didn't move, only held his calm posture looking me in the eyes, as if I wasn't threatening to choke him to death "vampires where eliminated many years ago mostly because of Demons," I tightened my grip a little "they were jealous because vampires were made to trick humans more easily than Demons,"  I tighten my grip one more time before letting go of him. Holding my gaze to his with venom in my eyes.

"and then?" said Ciel interested.

I broke the gaze and looked at Ciel "well being a vampire our look, sent, and emotions all drew humans in. Making them trust use effortlessly,"  I walked around the room looking at another painting "even as they struggled, once our fangs pierced there skin they stopped struggling," I touched the painting gliding my fingers on the frame "a vampire saliva gives humans a sense of safety and pleasure, kinda how a bats saliva numbs their prey so there unaware of what's happening."

"what a cruel way to kill someone. Giving them false feelings, making them utterly useless as you kill them slowly," Sebastian said.

I let go of the painting looking at him "you do realize that your a Demon? I wouldn't call you taking a soul humane," he gave a light chuckle as I rolled my eyes.

"so continue then," said Ciel.

I chuckled "my, my, I didn't know that you enjoyed listening to how my species got wiped out so interesting," I sat down "alright then if you insist," I crossed my legs again "well it became harder and harder for a Demon to take control of a human, since they are scary looking and have to make a contracts, blah, blah, blah, so on and so on," Sebastian eye twitched "so they wiped us out with the help of some other creatures in the underworld. Shinigamis didn't like us either...well Shinigamis don't really like any creature, there truly miserable beings that work all day," I shake my head "at the end, everything was trying to kill us and that was the end of our species."

Ciel looked at me his face perplexed  "wait...can't  a vampire bites a human and turn them into a vampire?"

I chuckle "you must read fiction a lot, but yes and no... you see a vampire can decide whether he/she wants to turn a human into a vampire." I started to think and shake my head "huh if that were actually true Vampires would have taken over the world."

"why then my lady don't you do that and repopulate your species," Said Sebastian.

"because I don't want that war to happen again, that and I would have to spend time with them and teach them how to not kill someone or turn another into a Vampire accidentally and ehhh, it would just be a lot of annoying work...Also if a Shinigami kills them then they will know who I am, how I look like, and where to find me which is too much of a drag for me." I looked up at the ceiling.

"so it's a survival strategy," said Ciel

I pointed my pointer finger in the air " ding, ding, you are correct." I looked back at him and gave a little stretch "The only reason I would probably turn someone into a vampire is if I were bored," I stretched a little more and sighed "now if we are done here I'm starving. I haven't had a single drop of blood in almost four days now," I stood up "I hope you don't mind if I kill one of your servants," Sebastian then moved to the front of the door blocking my exit.