Chapter 13

Its me again :)

Sorry about the wait, I've been on holiday and I've started a new story called 'Body And Soul'. 

If you have time please have a look and comment, because I love to hear your opinions. 

Anway, hope you like this chapter and thank you to everyone that voted and commented x

...........................

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2012

“Erika get up!”

My head shot up off the very comfy cushion, and I quickly brushed the layer of bed hair that covered my face. The light blinded me for a split second as I confusingly looked round the room, a light sleepy haze making everything look strange.

I wiped the sleepiness from my eyes and looked at the digital clock, I groaned at the time 8:15. Why the hell was someone waking me up?

Choosing to ignore the irritating person, I placed my head back on the pillow and fell back into my dream of licking chocolate of both the Salvatore brothers’ six packs. What can I say? I’m a vampire diaries fan.

“Are you getting up Erika” Damon spoke and suddenly I realised that he sounded a lot like Jake. What is going on?

My bedroom door suddenly slammed open “Erika it is now half past eight and we have to be at the school by 9:00. It’s a long drive if we hit traffic, so get up now”.

I turned my head on the pillow and looked at Jake, who was freshly washed and changed into a dark blue shirt and light grey jeans. “Well don’t you look dapper”.

He sighed “get up Erika”.

I stretched my sore body and slowly sat up, leaning against the head board “why would I get up for school”.

He  wiped a hand across his face and groaned “your mother said you would be like this” he placed his eyes back on me, the desperation and annoyance was clear as day in his eyes “your being shown  round your new school today.”

I scrunched my face at that “why?”

“Because you start tomorrow”. I stared at him blankly for a moment, before laughter burst from my mouth and I shook my head “yeah course I’am. Call me when lunch is ready because I’am too tired for breakfast”. 

I laid back down on the bed and pulled the warm duvet over my head, when suddenly it was ripped away and my body met the cold air. I sat up “what do you think you’re doing?” I reached for my cover but annoyingly Jake held it back from me. “Look dad, I will give you three seconds to give me back my cover, or I will kick your ase.” I sat up on my knees and looked into his eyes “and by the painful reminder in your balls, you know I will”.

I did think he would just pass me the cover, leave the room and allow me to sleep. Or even some fear in his eyes, but surprisingly he smiled “get up or I’m taking your bedroom door”.

My eyes widened, the thought of no privacy did not sit well with me “you wouldn’t dare.”

Jake came closer to me “try me”.

I sulked getting dressed, eating breakfast, walking to the car, sitting in the car and I was still sulking by the time I reached my new school. My mood didn’t brighten when my eyes took in the large modern grey building, filled with students walking across the car park, hanging out on the lawn or heading through the main doors.

 “Do I have to be here?”

 Jake climbed out of the car and leant through the open door “yes now get out”. I swore under my breath and pushed open the door, the air was slightly chilly but the light rays of sunshine stopped me from feeling cold. For the stupid tour I had dressed in a pair of dark blue and faded white jeans, with a short black tank top layered with a see through laced top. My belly button ring was on full show, and I had done it on purpose because it annoyed the hell out of Jake. When he first seen it he hit the roof. He went on to ask me where and when I got it. He even tried to make me take it out, but I soon set him straight on that idea.

 I slammed the car door shut and as a habit, ran my fingers through my loose hair. I glanced round the car park and raised my middle finger at a cheerleader who thought it would be a good idea to stare at me. “Erika, please behave”.

 “Ha. I’ll behave when hell freezes over”.

 He shook his head “you know I actually believe that”.

Walking to the main doors was a nightmare. People stopped and stared, and a few even asked me if I was ‘the’ Erika Harley. “Who else do you know is this beautiful?” had been my reply and sometimes I got a laugh, other times they would scoff and turn away.

 Like I care.

Jake had signed me in at the office, and he may not know but I caught him staring down the secretary’s rather revealing cheery red top. “It’s lovely to meet you Erika Harley. I’m Mrs Long, so if there is anything you need just ask me”.

“Did Mr Long marry you for your brain or your incredibly large breasts?” I sweetly said. The question was an honest one, because I couldn’t understand how she could cope with breasts she had obviously had enlarged. I guessed she was in her late forties, with her once young skin now dull and tired. Her green eyes had been framed with too much mascara and her lips covered in a thick layer of red lip stick, in an attempt to match her red top.

She gasped “what did you just say?”

I leant on her desk “or did you get them done so your husband wouldn’t look at his young colleague at work? You do know that guys like that are idiots and you just don’t need them”.

I was being honest and I thought helpful, but Mrs Longs lip began to quiver and her eyes filled with tears “excuse me”. Jake and I watched as she rushed from her desk and out of the room, we could still hear her sobs even after the door closed.

I shrugged and took a seat, ready to wait for the Principle to call us in. However as I looked up at Jake expecting him to join me, I saw a very annoyed face “really Erika?”

 “What did I say?”